Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wingsconsin View Post
    Welcome to Honda
    Next will be the Goldwing -- Call me when you get it and we can ride to Cali together.
    The VTX is a great bike and you got it at a great price.
    The floor boards probably interfere with cornering clearance ..?
    Change them out and enjoy - these handle better than most people understand.
    Currently I only 2 bikes - the GS and the Wing -
    I find riding more than that too much effort so I prefer to have my stable down to a manageable # (for me)

We will see Wings... I saw a Goldwing the other at a dealer and I'm still very much a no go on it... Stripped down, even with the crappy sized tires the bike handles and stops very well... I'm still trying to figure out the floor boards... Since the controls and floor boards are 1 units I'll need to fugure this one out.

LOL I finaly got around to striping it out and retro fitting a GR650 rear fender and a UJM circle headlight.. I did a run with all the extras off (Dropepd close to 60lbs or more)... Then up loaded a new map into the Power Commander... Wow the thing is QUICK... 0-60 it feels like it had more then the Connie. Connie is fast up high but down low... This VTX is a maniac.

Anyway Pics.

10 minute blast down the road to see how things are running on the new maps... Fing nuts!!! With the weight loss the bike is a completely crazed 1800cc monster.

Mocked up the new rear fender, made a template for the new brackets...

.... YEEEESSSS.... The Circle headlight brings the bike back to it's Japanese roots...

Should be good to go once I make custom brackets for the huge 63mm inverted forks...

Next step... New tires. Swapping in a narrower front and a shorter rear... It's going to be one fun alternative blaster.
    Last edited by Jedz123; 02-19-2016, 07:47 PM.
    Jedz Moto
    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
    1988 Honda GL1500-6
    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
    Originally posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Nice bike, should be interesting when you get done with it.
      "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Damn that thing looks awesome! Try searching for forward controls. I can get some for my 07 vn900b. I wanna get rid of the floorboards on it too

Comment

I'm still trying to figure the peg to floor board conversion. I just finished creating the custom brackets to mount the rear GR fender and make it look flush and stock...

I think I really captured that UJM look. Next is tires, front chrome fender and circle headlight... Back to the shop to manufacture some more bits!!!...

Well after work, next week... Damn 1 day weekends...
          Jedz Moto
          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
          1988 Honda GL1500-6
          2020 Honda Monkey Z125
          Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Holy crikeys, you're making a decent looking bike look like Frankenstein's monster.
            "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
            ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
            1982 CB900f

Comment

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder pilot
              Jedz Moto
              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
              1988 Honda GL1500-6
              2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Man, oh man I never thought I'd see you on a cruiser. I'm happy to see you having fun with it.
                sigpic
                When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                -Rusty old scooter.
                Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                  Beauty is in the eye of the beholder pilot
                  Truer words were never spoken, Jedz.
                  "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                  ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                  1982 CB900f

Comment

Thanks Glen! It's been fun to have a blank canvas... Finally it's turning into the bike I see in my mind... Just minor things left to do (custom front fender, wire up lights, mount front indicator lights...

New tires on today, New pads, New fluids, Finished the tail up with license plate bracket and light, made the custom ears for the headlight.... Worst part it was 15' or less today. Cold day to work outside.

It's looking good!

Last edited by Jedz123; 03-03-2016, 07:22 PM.
                    Jedz Moto
                    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                    1988 Honda GL1500-6
                    2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Working...
                    X