1983 Honda CB1100F

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1983 Honda CB1100F

I picked this 1100F up this morning. It has been a while since I have owned one. Decent shape, needs a starter clutch. I didn't here it run, really didn't need to based on the price. However, I was told it was ridden all last year without issues.

Gods, those are such good looking bikes.
    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

Comment

Nice score. Did you steal it or give an arm for it. I'd like to have one, but they run a little pricey down here.
      GSRick
      No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
      Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Originally posted by gsrick View Post
        Nice score. Did you steal it or give an arm for it. I'd like to have one, but they run a little pricey down here.
        I think an outsider would say I stole it, around these parts.....not so sure.

Comment

What would you take for the trip meter reset knob??? Mine's broke & they're as scarce as hen's teeth. Congrats, looks good.
          1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Originally posted by rphillips View Post
            What would you take for the trip meter reset knob??? Mine's broke & they're as scarce as hen's teeth. Congrats, looks good.
            Ha! I know what it is like trying to find a Cooley clock knob, so I better keep this one with the bike!

Comment

Those are nice bikes. That one seems to be in good condition, I like that color scheme.
              1978 GS1000E
              1980 GS1000S (Wes Cooley Replica)
              1981 GS1100E
              1982 GS1100E
              1982 GS1000SZ
              1983 GS1100ED
              1983 GS1100ESD
              1978 Honda CB750K
              1981 Honda CB900F

Comment

Nice! Last year I had a brief chat with a guy with the same bike. Beautiful. Bone stock, 30k something miles. He was the original owner.
                sigpic
                When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                -Rusty old scooter.
                Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

It's is nice shape, I would give it a 7 out of 10. It came with a box which included the stock air box, as well as coils, starter and a relay or two. I am thinking the coils mayhave been upgraded.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S.
                    ?!? (I'll comment soon about all the religion and politics that has seeped out of the Vortex into the rest of this site, but a couple of the posts in this thread demonstrate what I'm talking about).

What year is it?

What did you pay?

the only year they offered them in the US was 1983...red or blue
                    kinda like the 83 1100E...the red is common and the blue is not very common.

Comment

Very nice! Oh, and very fast. Final nail in the coffin for the CBX and the speed wars that preceded it.

Comment

?!? (I'll comment soon about all the religion and politics that has seeped out of the Vortex into the rest of this site, but a couple of the posts in this thread demonstrate what I'm talking about).

What year is it?

What did you pay?
                        Rob, you seem to have fixated on my use of the plural, which is more inclusive (or exclusive) than the singular. It has no more to do with religion than "zounds," or "holy s#it."

I think the Harley is mucking with your critical thinking.
                        ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                        1982 CB900f

Comment

Thank you for the information. However, I cannot trust it because you didn't take up half a screen with a signature that tells me about which God (if any) to believe in, which politician to vote for, and several quotes to live by.
                          Get on with yo bad self, pirate! Avast!
                          ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                          1982 CB900f

Comment

I have to say it...nice you got one of the faster RED models.
                            Having both fork caps is almost as rare as the reset knob.
                            As you know the Supertrapp is a big bonus as well.
                            Looks like CBR plug wires. Was the seller from the 1100F site?
                            2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Rob, remove your posts in thread. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                              X