1983 Honda CB1100F

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
    I have to say it...nice you got one of the faster RED models.
    Having both fork caps is almost as rare as the reset knob.
    As you know the Supertrapp is a big bonus as well.
    Looks like CBR plug wires. Was the seller from the 1100F site?
    The SuperTrapp is awesome, my favorite exhaust by far and I believe I have finally obtained one that will work well on my 1100E.

I didn't even notice the fork caps.

I don't believe the owner was a member of 1100F.NET.

Comment

Don't mind Rob, Harley's make you grouchy. It's the nature of the beast. He probably doesn't wave to other riders now.

We had a blue one for sale here not too long ago that the owner was asking $5,500 for it.
      Last edited by gsrick; 06-14-2016, 09:37 PM.
      GSRick
      No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
      Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Originally posted by gsrick View Post
        Don't mind Ron, Harley make you grouchy. It's the nature of the beast. He probably doesn't wave to other riders now.

We had a blue one for sale here not too long ago that the owner was asking $5,500 for it.
        Must have been a very nice one, did it sell?

Comment

Originally posted by Vmass View Post
          The SuperTrapp is awesome, my favorite exhaust by far and I believe I have finally obtained one that will work well on my 1100E.
          Very nice score, great looking bike...

Just curious, how many discs are in the super trapp?
          '85 GS550L - SOLD
          '85 GS550E - SOLD
          '82 GS650GL - SOLD
          '81 GS750L - SOLD
          '82 GS850GL - trusty steed
          '80 GS1100L - son's project bike
          '82 GS1100G - SOLD
          '81 GS1100E - Big Red (daily rider)

Comment

Originally posted by hikermikem View Post
            Very nice score, great looking bike...

Just curious, how many discs are in the super trapp?
            Thanks, I will have to get back to you with the disc count, but from the looks of it, I am going to guess 10 - 12.

Comment

Thanks, I will have to get back to you with the disc count, but from the looks of it, I am going to guess 10 - 12.
              Thanks, I have a super trapp that came with my 1100L and it didn't come with any - just open ended. I bought a package of 12 discs and the alum cap. Sounds to me like it's a bit restricted yet, so that's why I asked...
              '85 GS550L - SOLD
              '85 GS550E - SOLD
              '82 GS650GL - SOLD
              '81 GS750L - SOLD
              '82 GS850GL - trusty steed
              '80 GS1100L - son's project bike
              '82 GS1100G - SOLD
              '81 GS1100E - Big Red (daily rider)

Comment

My cousin had one when they came out. They were either red or blue, right? His was red. He went through bikes like crazy back in the day. I know he had a 78 or 79 GS 1000 before the 1100F. A possum took out the Honda one night on the way home.

1982 GS1100 G converted by Motorcyclist magazine in 1986 to be a tribute to the Wes Cooley replica. 1982 Honda 900F. 1997 Yamaha VMax.
                Also owned: 1973 Kawasaki Z1 900, 1972 Honda 750 K, 1976 Yamaha XS 650, 1980 Kawasaki KZ 1000 MKII, 1978 Kawasaki SR 650. Current cage is a 2001 Mustang Bullitt in Dark Highland Green. Bought new in Sept. 2001.

Comment

more disc the more flow...super traps just sound muffled from the disc design and baffle.
                  i have to agree the stainless ST on a UJM is the pipe to have.

Comment

Must have been a very nice one, did it sell?
                    It's not there anymore, so I guess so. Asking prices down here seem very high to me, but then I always post at least $500 over what I'd like to get. Negotiating room always make the buyer feel they got the better of me. I'm ok with that.
                    GSRick
                    No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
                    Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Gorgeous ! Back in 83 I was riding my EZ home to my brothers wedding (NC to MN) and crossed paths with a guy ridding one. We rode 200 miles @ 100mph side by side on the freeway in TN. Epic. Remember it like it was yesterday.
                      82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Rob, remove your posts in thread. Thank you.
                        Done. Anything for a fellow site supporter.
                        1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Have a Supertrapp on my 85 750EF with 15 discs on it,that looks to me like it has a few more.The SS version may make it look different from my aluminium can though.Looking at the stack on mine I'd guess at least 16 and probably closer to 20.Always liked the CB750/900/1100 bikes.

Comment

Originally posted by SVSooke View Post
                            Have a Supertrapp on my 85 750EF with 15 discs on it,that looks to me like it has a few more.The SS version may make it look different from my aluminium can though.Looking at the stack on mine I'd guess at least 16 and probably closer to 20.Always liked the CB750/900/1100 bikes.
                            Thanks. I will need to read up on the discs. I have an NOS pipe for my 1100E that I think came 8-10 discs.

Comment

They look so good because they are close in appearance to the 1100EZ.

Comment

An 1100F was the first inline four that I ever rode to 135mph. Love those things. Very envious.
                                1979 GS1000S,

1982 Honda CX500 Turbo, 1982 Honda MB5 w/CR80 motor, 1977 Honda "nekid" Goldwing, 1976 Honda CB550F cafe', 1972 Honda XL250 cafe'

Comment

Working...
                                X