Chevy Aveo joker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chevy Aveo joker

A good friend of mine drives a 2007 Chevy Aveo. His little car managed to survive the bachelor party, with him promising much retaliation "one day".
    To put things in context, I am not looking to be as helpful and I am looking to be funny but more or less benign. For instance, a few years back, I painted hot pink racing stripes on his old car. The following January, he glued a large bag worth of cotton balls to my car in a variety of entertaining but entirely inappropriate shapes. Being January in Ontario, I couldn't see any of them until the wind and driving had knocked the snow away, leaving just the cotton balls. I didn't see them until I was already at work.

The wedding is this Saturday, and I was wondering, off hand, if anyone knew where to switched power for the turn signal is (left or right), and where best to connect it to the switched power side of the horn relay. I know both are on 12v, and the current the horn draws shouldn't be a problem for the standard wire gage in the harness.

I figure a couple of alligator connectors should do the trick.

Thanks for the help.
    Also, if anyone has any other good car jokes, I am open to suggestions.

You want to mess with a friend's safety equipment for a joke?
    Just get one of those whistling things for the tailpipe
    1983 GS 550 LD
    2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

I, too, gave up long time ago on anything that might compromise vehicle safety.

The worst I would do now is to tie tin cans and anything else that might make a bit of noise to the car. Don't let them drag on the road right away, though, set them up on top of whatever you can find (we used to use the frame rails, when cars still had them). That way, nothing is visible under the car, but first corner or first bump will have a bunch of them falling at the same time, he will think the bottom just dropped out of the car.

Be sure that the string that attaches the cans will not get wrapped up in anything that moves. If it happens to drag a can around a rotating part, things get nasty QUICKLY.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

No idea on the electrics. Give me five minutes and a multimeter and I could probably noodle it out.

If the Aveo's horn is par for the course on other small cars, the resulting sound couldn't possibly cause a safety issue for anyone. If a gentle "meep meep meep meep" when you activate the turn signal could somehow cause a crash, you probably shouldn't be out in public or you were crashing anyway.

The best I've seen lately is very simple: A piece of bicycle inner tube on the muffler. Friggin' hilarious. Might have to clamp it on.

Last edited by bwringer; 09-27-2016, 12:48 AM.
        1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
        2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
        2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
        Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

bwringer, pure brilliance, and easy to pull off to boot. Perfect.

To answer my accusers, no, I have no intention of compromising safety. I am not going to disable the turn signal, or disable the horn, just cross the two. The additional current won't cause either to fail. At least on the Aveo the wire gage is heavy enough to take the current of both lights and the horn. I can't speak for other cars.

Tin cans are out of the questions. Though the road in front of the church would be ideal, the local authorities have a thing about loose parts dragging under / behind cars. Too many accidents in the area from pieces of exhaust shields and other bits falling off of cars and bouncing along in traffic.

Comment

The inner tube is hilarious.
            Us in HVAC service have been known to occasionally put a duct strap (giant zip tie) around coworkers driveshafts to cause a fwap, fwap, fwap sound as the shaft turns. The same could probably done on a CV axle.
            sigpic
            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
            -Rusty old scooter.
            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

If you have a time machine handy....

Set the wayback machine to the late '70s. Go to the local college computer lab and find the punch card machines. Below each one is a small waste basket that collects the punched out pieces (chad). Collect a good size trash bag worth. Then get a spray bottle and mix water and Elmers White Glue in a 5:1 ratio. Spray car liberally and then sprinkle the chad all over it. Make sure you're around to see the owner's reaction. I hear it's pretty funny.

The glue is water soluble, so it's not too hard to get off. Could probably do the same thing these days with shredder output.
              '20 Ducati Multistrada 1260S, '93 Ducati 750SS, '01 SV650S, '07 DL650, '01 DR-Z400S, '80 GS1000S, '85 RZ350

Comment

Now that is funny.
                1983 GS 550 LD
                2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

We once filled a small car full of puffed wheat. The bride was horrified and the groom just laughed it off. But they also made the mistake of leaving their luggage in the same car, and she was none to pleased that we also filled their luggage with the same puffed wheat.
                  1981 GS 1000GLX.
                  1981 GS 1000G.
                  1981 GS 650GLX.
                  1975 TS 185.
                  1972 100. Kawasaki.
                  1968 100. Suzuki.
                  1970 Z 50. Honda.
                  1984 CT 70. Honda. (Kids)
                  1982 DS 50. Suzuki. (Kids)

Comment

So,
                    the bride and groom rented a limo and ruined our fun.

Comment

I'm going to use that inner tube one, awesome!!

My redneck upbringing... one of my buddies put a dead baby pig in my car under the seat. In July. The pig was from a litter at his family farm that didn't make it, he didn't kill it just for me. But man, was that nasty.
                      Currently bikeless
                      '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
                      '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

I knew a fellow worked at a fish and chip place. They had a manager that they did not like so they sneaked a tray of fish into his car in the morning at the height of summer.
                        The smell must have been horrific by end of day.
                        1983 GS 550 LD
                        2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

oh fish stories,
                          so my mentor at work, many years ago, when he was still in the service in South Africa, push a sizable, complete, day-old fish under the seat of his friend's Alfa Spyder the morning of the wedding. Apparently this was warranted because his friend wouldn't let anyone know where the honey moon was, and so they couldn't bug him anytime after the wedding.
                          After the reception the newly weds put the soft top down and drove of. Apparently they parked the car at the airport for 3 weeks in the South African sun, having never noticed the smell of the fish. When they got back the maggots and other insects had completely ruined the interior of the car. apparently both of they and the tow truck driver threw up from the smell, and the owners of the neighboring cars complaint that the stink had "sunk in" to their car's paint.

Comment

Working...
                          X