Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good place to order OEM bits for my 2001 Yamaha?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good place to order OEM bits for my 2001 Yamaha?

Afternoon.
    The water pump seal is leaking on my water-pump for my FZ1. I will be pulling the unit out and rebuilding it (replacing seals, bearings and o rings). What site Ya'll recommend for this nearly now vintage motorcycle?
    Thanks!
    Jedz Moto
    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
    1988 Honda GL1500-6
    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
    Originally posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

What, you haven't found a Fizzy Forum yet???

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Find the part numbers you need from say bikebandit.com or partzilla.com, then search for new parts using the part numbers on eBay. It's usually cheaper that way than ordering from Bike Bandit etc.
      Bikes:

1980 GS1000 restomod
      2006 GSXR 750

Comment

Originally posted by 80GS1000 View Post
        It's usually cheaper that way than ordering from Bike Bandit etc.
        Almost ANYTHING is cheaper than ordering from Bike Bandit.

I do believe they EARNED the "Bandit" part of their name.

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post

True enough. For bike part orders exceeding $200 or so, I usually wind up ordering directly from Japan (Webike Japan). Even with the expensive DHL international shipping, the total cost on big parts orders is still usually about half of what you'd pay from the USA based parts dealers and usually I get my stuff delivered in under a week. Way better than Bike Bandit and the like.
          Bikes:

1980 GS1000 restomod
          2006 GSXR 750

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post

And Parts Outlaw...(Really Deland Motorsports of Florida). They said a NOS mirror was $75, but they'd let me have it for $58 (plus shipping). Actually a little cheaper than the other places.
            NOS - every part of that new mirror looks great, except...

THE REFLECTION IN THE MIRROR! It's distorted compared to the old no-name one on the other side.
            1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Yup on the FZ1OA forum. However the most thrifty of forums is GSR hands down and was looking for an opinion... I say that with complete admiration and love!

I was referred to https://www.yamahapartsnation.com/oe...IaAvT1EALw_wcB

I wanted to see the price comparison to what you folks use.

Thanks!
              Jedz Moto
              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
              1988 Honda GL1500-6
              2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
              2020 Honda Monkey Z125
              2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
              Originally posted by Hayabuser
              Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

This is the online parts arm of a large powersports dealer near me, They deal in Yamaha:
                OnlineCycleParts is your Online source for Genuine Yamaha, Suzuki, Polaris, Honda, Kawasaki & KTM Parts.

I've always found their pricing within pennies of all the rest, plus I can take a short pleasant ride and pick up my parts in person. Obviously you don't have that advantage but they are a perfectly cromulent supplier for the rest of the country and worth comparing.

All the various bits and gubbins appear to be available and within shouting distance of reasonable:
                Shop online for OEM Water Pump parts that fit your 2001 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N), search all our OEM Parts or call at 800-595-4063
                1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Working...
                X