Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Harley Davidson Pan America, whatcha think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harley Davidson Pan America, whatcha think?

Watched this interesting new video this morning, from Europe the EICMA Bike Show?
    Looks like overweight & overpowered adventure bikes are trending.

Cycle World: EICMA Motorcycle Show 2019
    Last edited by Buffalo Bill; 11-06-2019, 08:49 AM.
    "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
    1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
    1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
    1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Looked around for some more info, all that's out there is it's a brand new 145hp 60° water cooled vtwin. Let's face it, HD is at least 40 years too late in trying to remake it's brand. It's the Buick of the motorcycle world, your grandpa's bike.
    1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
    1982 GS450txz (former bike)
    LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

Yeah, doesn't seem like anything that will make a big sales impression, so it is likely to be dropped from the lineup even if it actually makes it onto dealership floors.
      "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
      ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
      1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by jabcb
        Buell provided a good opportunity for HD to have a separately branded line targeted at younger buyers.
        But HD killed of Buell when they were busy selling lots of traditional bikes to baby boomers.
        There's a few Buell's at every track day, I'm sure those owners were frustrated by HD management.
        "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
          Yeah, doesn't seem like anything that will make a big sales impression, so it is likely to be dropped from the lineup even if it actually makes it onto dealership floors.
          Instant collector's bike. The only place you'll likely see one, is in a wealthy man's heated garage, (Jay Leno).

Comment

Looks ok I guess. I've never been a fan of the SUV on two wheels genre.
            I wonder if its even a runner, or just a show piece to gauge public reaction.

Regarding Buell. My cousin bought a Cyclone for cheap over the summer and gave it minor refresh. He said he likes it almost as much as his Ducati 996, and was surprised at how well it handled despite a non racer seating position.

I've yet to ride it, but it feels really nice sitting on it.
            sigpic
            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
            -Rusty old scooter.
            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
              There's a few Buell's at every track day, I'm sure those owners were frustrated by HD management.
              Buells are so much fun to ride!
              ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
              1982 CB900f

Comment

When I took the MFS beginner course/license test we rode Buells. This was around 2003/4. Think it was a 250cc but searches are telling me the smallest was a 500. Maybe I’m misremembering. At the time, I thought is was a pretty great little beginner bike.
                Rich
                1982 GS 750TZ
                2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

The problem with it won't be the looks, the colors, or the performance (or lack thereof). It's going to be the ridiculous price tag that will be hung on it. It's a Harley. There isn't anything on this planet bearing that name that isn't overpriced. Think this thing will be any different? Just wait until the electric ones hit the showroom floor... We really are witnessing the beginning of the end for Harley. Merchandising has to be the only thing that has kept them out of full on bankruptcy thus far.
                  '83 GS 1100T
                  The Jet

sigpic
                  '95 GSXR 750w
                  The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Has anyone ridden the HD "Livewire"? I'd never buy an electric bike, and I'm sure the Livewire is out of my price range. But I wouldn't mind a test ride. I'm sure it's like a rocket off idle, but I'm most curious about how it sounds. Being a Harley, you know it's not as silent as any other electric bike, with plenty of built in artificial sounds.

Off road, dual purpose bikes have no interest for me.
                    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                      Has anyone ridden the HD "Livewire"? I'd never buy an electric bike, and I'm sure the Livewire is out of my price range. But I wouldn't mind a test ride. I'm sure it's like a rocket off idle, but I'm most curious about how it sounds. Being a Harley, you know it's not as silent as any other electric bike, with plenty of built in artificial sounds.

Off road, dual purpose bikes have no interest for me.
                      ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                      1982 CB900f

Comment

Thanks for the swift response. My wife heard it and thought I was playing with her vibrator.
                        1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Thanks for the swift response. My wife heard it and thought I was playing with her vibrator.
                          Yeah, it has the tonal quality of a Hoover.
                          ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                          1982 CB900f

Comment

The snide part of me REALLY wants to run with that...
                            1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
                            1982 GS450txz (former bike)
                            LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

Originally posted by LAB3 View Post
                              The snide part of me REALLY wants to run with that...
                              Run! No offense will be taken. Even if I had a wife.

I'll go first: The Harley may be louder, but the vibrator leaves it in the dust. The vibrators batteries last longer. The vibrator handles better, has a higher top speed, and requires a lot less maintenance.

Your turn.

Comment

Working...
                              X