Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Harley Davidson Pan America, whatcha think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
    Run! No offense will be taken. Even if I had a wife.

I'll go first: The Harley may be louder, but the vibrator leaves it in the dust. The vibrators batteries last longer. The vibrator handles better, has a higher top speed, and requires a lot less maintenance.

Your turn.
    If you did have a wife and she recognized the sound of you playing with her vibrator then she'd have prior knowledge of you playing with it and perhaps even the manner in which you play with it. Now I'm not passing any kind of judgement on how you play with your non existent wife's vibrator, as long as both the wife and the vibrator are indeed both non existent.
    1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
    1982 GS450txz (former bike)
    LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

Originally posted by LAB3 View Post
      If you did have a wife and she recognized the sound of you playing with her vibrator then she'd have prior knowledge of you playing with it and perhaps even the manner in which you play with it. Now I'm not passing any kind of judgement on how you play with your non existent wife's vibrator, as long as both the wife and the vibrator are indeed both non existent.
      Well, Woody Allen may or may not have been telling the truth, but the fact is I've never had an intimate relationship with a female that lasted as long as Hitler and Eva Braun.

It's Friday and I'm already comparing myself to Hitler. Tomorrow night's sizing up to be one hell of a Saturday night!
      1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
        Well, Woody Allen may or may not have been telling the truth, but the fact is I've never had an intimate relationship with a female that lasted as long as Hitler and Eva Braun.

It's Friday and I'm already comparing myself to Hitler. Tomorrow night's sizing up to be one hell of a Saturday night!
        Charlie Manson seems to have done pretty well with gals, go with that for tommorow night then Sunday morning you can do the Jeffrey Dahmer thing and bake a nice fresh Quiche Lorraine for the trifecta!

Comment

Charlie Manson seems to have done pretty well with gals, go with that for tommorow night...
          Well we know that Manson was guilty because President Nixon publicly stated that before the trial was over.
          1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
            Still off subject, this build video is for you DIY-ers. Talented craftsman with caveats.
            PS: Go ahead and feel butt hurt 'cause I gotta say: his bike is rather fuggly, and: how come he overbuilt the frame with all that heavy steel? plus: Didn't he think about wind drag from the rider when he designed the fairing? Not least: Tiny bicycle front disc?
            Last edited by Buffalo Bill; 11-09-2019, 07:25 AM.
            "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
            1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
            1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
            1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Yeah, that frame is seriously over built.
              Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

I live in the country. A fellow pulled in last year on a Buell, actually coasted in. He asked if he could wait in his driveway for his brother to come with his trailer, as it had quit on him. He only lives about 20 miles away and I offered to trailer it home for him. He declined as his brother was already en route. He never rides more than a 30 mile radius from home, and only when his brother is available. He'd spent a fortune on the bike and loved it, but it was that unreliable. Almost every issue was different than the last.

Comment

If the Pan America doesn't work for you how about the "Bronx" instead.

Looks a whole lot more interesting to me. Buy the 1250 cc version and the 145hp "Streetfighter" MIGHT be fun.
                  Unfortunately, preliminary guesstimates at cost have it at $25,000 for Canada.
                  2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

So many stories about H-D failures, unreliability, outlandish costs plus not my idea of a cool engine, seems I'd have to call it a joke bike.
                    On the other hand for a True adventure bike that's not collectable for deep pocket posers, I like everything I hear about the Royal Enfield Himalayan.
                    Only has a top highway speed of 80 mph, cruising speed 60 mph.
                    There's uncountable reviews on it but this one may be the most genuine & useful.
                    "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)

Comment

Originally posted by wymple View Post
                      I live in the country. A fellow pulled in last year on a Buell, actually coasted in. He asked if he could wait in his driveway for his brother to come with his trailer, as it had quit on him. He only lives about 20 miles away and I offered to trailer it home for him. He declined as his brother was already en route. He never rides more than a 30 mile radius from home, and only when his brother is available. He'd spent a fortune on the bike and loved it, but it was that unreliable. Almost every issue was different than the last.
                      Must have been an early Buell; the latter years were pretty bulletproof.
                      "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                      ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                      1982 CB900f

Comment

After my cousin put his Buell together he did a about a 900 mile weekend.
                        He did run out of gas once, but that was it.

That Bronx concept looks pretty cool.
                        Last edited by dorkburger; 11-13-2019, 08:01 PM. Reason: Auto incorrect
                        sigpic
                        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                        -Rusty old scooter.
                        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

That new 650 twin from Royal Enfield is looking good to me. It being a new drivetrain I'm going to give it another year or two before making a decision on getting one to see if anything pops up engineering wise. Last spring I saw a fully loaded Ural with Cyrillic badging that got me drooling but laying out $18k for a new bike I KNOW will be a POS right off the showroom floor would be like reliving my 83 Lowrider I bought on my 21st birthday.

Comment

That new 650 twin from Royal Enfield is looking good to me. It being a new drivetrain I'm going to give it another year or two before making a decision on getting one to see if anything pops up engineering wise. Last spring I saw a fully loaded Ural with Cyrillic badging that got me drooling but laying out $18k for a new bike I KNOW will be a POS right off the showroom floor would be like reliving my 83 Lowrider I bought on my 21st birthday.
                            Lab, you're the guy I'm reminded of when I see Itchy Boots's fully loaded Himalayan.
                            She even carries a drone for aerial videos of remarkable sites.
                            Last edited by Buffalo Bill; 11-14-2019, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Those are seriously cool bikes.
                              "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                              ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                              1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
                                Lab, you're the guy I'm reminded of when I see Itchy Boots's fully loaded Himalayan.
                                She even carries a drone for aerial videos of remarkable sites.
                                When I visited some old friends in Traverse City this summer I got a lot of razzing over riding a "little ricer" that was stacked with gear. That only lasted until I convinced them that I can go anywhere I want, anytime I want, and they had to be at work on Monday morning to make the money for monthly payments, insurance and "custom" parts along with tattoos and t-shirts.

I've looked into putting on aluminum luggage like she's got and have a hard time justifying spending more on that than I did on the whole bike. Am still considering some ammo cans, that's a lot of weight once you build a rack to mount them to. There's no doubt it looks comical going down the road but the go where I want anytime I want argument wins most of the time. More than a few guys have commented that it takes a tough SOB to ride a small bike as many miles as I do.

Comment

Working...
                                X