Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Triumph Speed 400 and Scrambler 400 - Thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
    ………..Once I told her I was going to sell off another bike,……
    and there’s the rub. Decisions, decisions.
    Rich
    1982 GS 750TZ
    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

She's an amazing woman!
      "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
      ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
      1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post

and there’s the rub. Decisions, decisions.
        Not too tough. I bought the '67 Honda Cub to take over when I can't horse the old GS around.
        Pretty sure the 400 can handle that duty when the time comes.
        Besides, at this point in my life, I don't feel like restoring another motorcycle. Rather just ride.

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
        She's an amazing woman!
        Yes, yes she is....
        Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
        '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Moved a few things around today...She fits in well. We have some nice weather moving in. Should get out tomorrow.

Comment

Quick update.....

Comment

Also did the first oil change today....and yes, you have to remove the motor side cover to get to the oil filter...

Comment

Having not purchased a new bike for decades is it not required that the initial service is done by the dealer to keep the warranty validated?
                2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

That may be true up north, but in the US, I do believe that there was legislation passed that nixed that idea. I’m sure someone here knows the details.
                  Rich
                  1982 GS 750TZ
                  2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                  Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
                    That may be true up north, but in the US, I do believe that there was legislation passed that nixed that idea. I’m sure someone here knows the details.
                    Correct you are. Magnuson-Moss Act.

Passes & Canyons Blog » Blog Archive » Do Your Own Motorcycle Repairs Without Voiding Your Warranty (motorcyclecolorado.com)
                    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                    1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                      Having not purchased a new bike for decades is it not required that the initial service is done by the dealer to keep the warranty validated?
                      Not here....
                      And at $300+ for the service, (basically an oil change, plus a bunch of checks), it isn't gonna happen.
                      Besides, when I brought it home, the tire pressures were 7-8lbs high, and the oil and coolant was overfilled.
                      So doing it myself seemed like a good idea.

Still need to take it in to get the service light turned off.

Comment

I do all my own services. Triumph dealer for me was 4/5 hours round trip (at the time before Triumph Vermont moved in a few years back) so Triumph just asked for documentation and they backed up my warranty even when I had the catastrophic output shaft / 6th gear failure in the transmissions. I buy all my oil filters from the dealer so they know and have record of my purchases.

Triumph did the 20K mile service (valves) when the transmission blew at 20K miles (first year/4 months) and they replaced it, free of charge no warranty issues. They did the service on their dime at the same time, apparently was easy to do the valve adjustment with the motor out of the bike. I can say the valve checks are easy as pie, every 20K miles... And it's been just checks ever since.

They advised me to move to 5K mile oil changes. I also advise that to any and all Triumph owners. I will say Triumph does stand behind their bikes and even last month they reflashed a Key for me for free... Bike is well beyond it's warranty but they support my bike.

I have the ECU tune software on my phone and with a BT OBD2 reader I can adjust my maintenance lights (little wrench icon). I have mine set for 5000 mile intervals. I can also do cool stuff like blead the ABS system, etc. Might be worth looking into if that's an option on the 400 single.

I really love that bike Bob, I can see one in my herd in the future.

I have to do another service for my Triumph at the end of the month, 110K mile service.

Cheers
                        Last edited by Jedz123; 05-07-2024, 10:26 AM.
                        Jedz Moto
                        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                        1988 Honda GL1500-6
                        2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                        2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                        Originally posted by Hayabuser
                        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Working...
                        X