SV and V Strom Owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oldrookie View Post
    Thought I'd get a blue first gen, but then I saw this one. This is an '01 with 9700 miles, Buell footpegs, Progressive springs, R6 throttle, Kawasaki 636 shock. Pretty much as I want to set it up.
    SAWEEEEEEET!

I certainly love riding my GS, but there have definitely been some improvements in motorcycles over the last few decades...

Honestly, I didn't know the nekkid SV650 was available in that dark red color. Very cool. And that one seems to have several nice tweaks, like the frame sliders and stainless brake lines. Not sure about the tank bra, but that's a matter of taste.

Congrats!
    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Thanks, Brian! I'll be interested to see what you think of it when you get a chance to look it over in person. I've seen a lot of the S models in this color, but apparently it was available as naked as well.

It is a VERY different ride and I am still getting used to it. Taking it fairly easy until I feel more confident on it. Have to figure out how to set the rear shock. Seems a bit stiff for my taste, but I haven't figured out how to change the setting yet.

Love the torque--great engine in this bike.

Comment

Is the 1000 version, the same motor that's in the TL 1000? If it is, I've been thinking of getting a mid 90's model.

Love that V-twin grunt.
        80 gs1100 16-v ported & polished, 1 mm oversize intake valves, 1150 carbs w/Dynojet stage 3, plus Bandit/gsxr upgrades

Comment

Working...
        X