+100000000

Comment

Fine slam my SER then to

Comment

Originally posted by SVSooke View Post
            What about a CRX Si?Since this thread's been jacked anyway
            My apologies to the OP

Comment

It's the Internet Schwartz,I'm not worried about it.Amused where things go!

Comment

my mistake then it was the engine used in later vanagons and being water cooled would give it longer life. Hey im no snob, Ive had a 68 van, 71 squareback and a 66 beetle at the same time . now just the beetle so I know even the beetle is fun to drive. And you have a point about rarilty all aircooled vw are getting scarce these days.

Comment

Originally posted by snicrep5 View Post
                  my mistake then it was the engine used in later vanagons and being water cooled would give it longer life. Hey im no snob, Ive had a 68 van, 71 squareback and a 66 beetle at the same time . now just the beetle so I know even the beetle is fun to drive. And you have a point about rarilty all aircooled vw are getting scarce these days.
                  You're all confused

The 914 had the VW bus motor

The 924 had the Audi/VW motor

The 944 had the Porsche motor
                  1978 GS 1000 (since new)
                  1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
                  1978 GS 1000 (parts)
                  1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
                  1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
                  1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
                  2007 DRz 400S
                  1999 ATK 490ES
                  1994 DR 350SES

Comment

http://www.usedvictoria.com/classifi...-bike_18694386 Yeap Id say ambitious is an understatement

Comment

Originally posted by Big T View Post
                      You're all confused

The 914 had the VW bus motor
                      Yup, it was SUPPOSED to be a VW originally. It would have been pretty progressive for VW. The 914 is kinda like the Boxter of it's day. Poor-man's Porsche.

Comment

http://www.usedvictoria.com/classifi...S850G_19364802 I wonder if Rob is working this weekend
                        750 · 1981 Suzuki GS850GReport Ad

1981 Suzuki GS shaft drive, Project bike, Needs TLC.
                        Can be seen runniing, No battery, Not Lisenced. Registration papers valid.
                        Purchased to do a restoration but not able to find the time.
                        39500km on Clock, History unknown. Looks better in pictures. Paint and chrome needs work. Good tires.

Comment

$500 · 650 cc street bike

1985 650 cc street bike, dry stored for 4 years, ran great before. That, havnt had time to tinker, priced for quick sale, will provide bill of sale.
                          Recognize this as a 81 XJ650 Seca,one I'd really like to get,no $$ or space with a KDX still needing a TON of work.SIGH

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
                            944 was a decent car. As I recall the 924 wasn't nearly as nice .
                            The early 924 had an Audi motor, and lacked power. Later versions used the 944 motor but had smaller tires and lacked the fender flares of the 944. Those 944 variants used to be everywhere, now they are all gone. Like single cam honda fours, you rarely see them.
                            Last edited by 850 Combat; 06-29-2013, 03:22 AM.
                            sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Originally posted by SVSooke View Post
                              http://www.usedvictoria.com/classifi...-bike_20011750

$500 · 650 cc street bike

1985 650 cc street bike, dry stored for 4 years, ran great before. That, havnt had time to tinker, priced for quick sale, will provide bill of sale.
                              Recognize this as a 81 XJ650 Seca,one I'd really like to get,no $$ or space with a KDX still needing a TON of work.SIGH
                              I have one of those. Cost me 600 needing steering head bearings, and wheel bearings. In the USA, 1982 is the only year, and silver is the only color. I saw a red one in Canada a few years ago. I thought it looked better than the silver. The Seca is more modern than the GS650G, with a more compact jackshaft engine, and it is sportier too, with semi rearsets, and Superbike style bars. The straight cut primary gears give a whine that is sort of cool. It definitely has merit as a motorcycle. I would like to see how it stacks up against a GS650G overall. I'm giving mine to my girlfriend as soon as she passes the MSF course. Its been part of my loaner fleet for guests since about 2007 or 8.

The Seca came with loose ball bearings in the stem, which is cheesey and unexpected. I'll bet that the Suzuki GS650G has better bearings.
                              Last edited by 850 Combat; 06-29-2013, 03:26 AM.
                              sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Cycle Canada did a comparo between the 650 Seca and the 650E. It was pretty close.The 650E is still one of the best bike I've had.

Comment

Working...
                                X