Bmw k1300r

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
    Trevor, I hear your suppose to get twelve inches of snow and below freezing temperatures next week! Just kidding, good luck picking up your motorcycle
    It's more like 12 inches of rain but fairly warm here.He'll just have to clean it when it get's home,he likes doing that

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
      Trevor, I hear your suppose to get twelve inches of snow and below freezing temperatures next week! Just kidding, good luck picking up your motorcycle

Yes Greg no doubt on the rain! Enough already!! Oh well as we always say..."at least we don't have to shovel it". My bike should be here next week sometime and they will call me so I can be at the dealer when they un-crate it.
      No signature

Comment

How much of a test ride did you get? Couple days?

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
          How much of a test ride did you get? Couple days?
          Lol....I said I would never buy a new bike without a test ride. Well apparently I would. I did sit on an older one that is owned by a friend of a friend. I have done as much research as I could without actually riding one.
          I know, I know,,,please don't beat me up too much.

If it makes any difference I bought my 83 1100e without riding it. No?
          No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
            Yes Greg no doubt on the rain! Enough already!! Oh well as we always say..."at least we don't have to shovel it". My bike should be here next week sometime and they will call me so I can be at the dealer when they un-crate it.
            I know but we really do need the rain.Been so dry the last few months if we don't get more we'll be sorry come summer.Was there for the uncrate of the SV in 06.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
              This part is true. I went into a Suzuki dealership to buy a slightly used weestrom. No test rides, and he actually laughed at me for wanting one. He actually implied that I couldn't get the loan anyway, not sure why. Off to the BMW dealer, test rode a two year old F800GS, paid cash and bought it that day, wheelied past the Suzuki shop on the way home. Enjoyed that so much I went around the block and did it again. After riding both bikes quite a bit, the F8GS is far superior to the Wee, faster, lighter, far better off road, but I would have never known this if the Suzuki place would have treated me right.
              Thats a cool modern Rotax twin in that. I think its a nice motor. A managably sized bike too. The big GS unreasonably large and heavy in my opinion, for an all terrain bike.

I love the 800 Triumph, but I know the BMW is better.
              sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                I guess you'll have to go to Action and pick up some appropriate gear for riding around here!

Or else you could just stick to the shallow end.

IBA# 12860
                Iron Butt SS1000 & BB1500
                1984 KZ1100R
                2008 Kawasaki KLR650
                2011 Concours 1400

Comment

Originally posted by 850 Combat View Post
                  Thats a cool modern Rotax twin in that. I think its a nice motor. A managably sized bike too. The big GS unreasonably large and heavy in my opinion, for an all terrain bike.

I love the 800 Triumph, but I know the BMW is better.
                  That's what I was thinking when I bought it, after a couple years I still think so.
                  Certainly don't want anything heavier.

If I were to do it again I'd get the KTM.

Comment

Has anyone noticed that it hasn't stopped raining since Trevor signed the cheque ? Damned Jonah !!
                    Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                    Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                    1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
                      Has anyone noticed that it hasn't stopped raining since Trevor signed the cheque ? Damned Jonah !!
                      Haha...Well the bike won't be here until at least the end of next week. So I hope it will stop raining by then. Really dont want my first ride to be coming home in the rain.

although the last new bike I bought was 30 years ago in Ontario, in March and it started to snow on the way home from the dealer. Gotta say that's not likely to happen to me again.
                      No signature

Comment

Trevor nice bike , a little nicer then my gladius I bought in the fall, lol, I am looking at getting the new FZ09 ,have you got those engine guards yet , Brian

Comment

Originally posted by harley10 View Post
                          Trevor nice bike , a little nicer then my gladius I bought in the fall, lol, I am looking at getting the new FZ09 ,have you got those engine guards yet , Brian
                          Thanks Brian,
                          I thought about that FZ09 too..very cool bike and getting lots of great reviews! Good choice!
                          No gaurds yet but I'm sure they will be here Monday or Tuesday.
                          No signature

Comment

Reminds me of Bender around the headlight. I'm certain that it is a great bike with plenty of pickup for passing.
                            sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Originally posted by 850 Combat View Post
                              Reminds me of Bender around the headlight. I'm certain that it is a great bike with plenty of pickup for passing.
                              Passing Lamborghinis and Ferraris.

Comment

Before you bought that model had you considered this one? I believe that it cost/weighs less and is available in this color...
                                Please recheck the URL for the proper spelling. Or use our search box at the top of this page to find what you're looking for.

Comment

Working...
                                X