Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And a few more...

Comment

Wow.....did you ever luck out on that dawg!!!!!!!!!!

Now hopefully the baby will fire right up and will be out the door in no time. Better get her sold quick or buddy will be wanting it back,

Man you have horseshoes, time to buy some "Max" tickets.

Just wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Yup, got lucky on this one....

just thinking how how much more time and effort do I put into her, I mean I can polish up the heads on the engine and a few other tid bits, but she still needs new tires, battery, all fluids done as well, no front brake at all, lever flops back and forth like a rag doll, so no pressure in the line and I think the piston in the master is stuck and not returning, so there will be still some work in the following days.

but yes overall, she is just smoking......

Comment

Wow GK, the bike looks great! I have been thinking that someday I might want a classic BMW too.
          No signature

Comment

GK, if you run into any trouble with this little gem, this place is in Stoney Creek. http://www.fkn.ca/
            A friend has had great new and vintage BMW service from them.
            2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
              Wow GK, the bike looks great! I have been thinking that someday I might want a classic BMW too.
              Here's an idea.....I swap you my classic with your not so classic....

I just got really lucky on this one, buddy no longer wanted it, sat in his garage for 20 years, and his wife wanted the space so she could get her car into the garage, so I was glad to take it off his hands and the Honda as well....

Unfortunately it's a flipper, I will not keep the bike, but sell it to fund a new project and or a newer bike, I want something newish and this will help to get there....

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                GK, if you run into any trouble with this little gem, this place is in Stoney Creek. http://www.fkn.ca/
                A friend has had great new and vintage BMW service from them.
                Hey Steve thanks for the link, looks like a good place to go, if the need arises, I don't like dealerships so much, and I would rather help the little guys out first, I will actually contact them, I need tires, and a battery, hopefully I can do good by them.....

Cheers

Comment

I just wanted to say that I had the pleasure of spending some "bro" time with Mr. G yesterday and I have to say that Bimmer is stunning in real life. I have never seen a "barn find" as complete and tidy as this one. It blew me away that it has only racked up around 10,000 miles. Not even broken in whoever buys this bike is going to get an absolute gem I kid you not.

Well we put some juice in her and added some electricity and she coughed, spluttered and eventually came to life but only briefly as the carbs had sprung a leak. But no worries as our mates from Oz say, easy to pull off, disassemble and clean. I believe Mr. G. has them in the dip as I write.

I imagine I will be hearing her run sometime this week.

The Honda is considerably more dirty and rusty but I see a gem in there as well. I think the plan will be to clean her up with perhaps a lick of paint here and there but essentially just a cleanup. I'll be lending a hand so it will be fun.

Great day and now I feel like riding season is back in the frozen white north.

Stay tuned, this will be good and for anyone looking for an excellent little Bimmer, this is the one.

Cheers all.

Comment

Dang it all!I knew the Beemer would be nice with just a bit of work.Where it just a bit closer............................................ ..

Comment

Originally posted by spyug View Post
                      I just wanted to say that I had the pleasure of spending some "bro" time with Mr. G yesterday and I have to say that Bimmer is stunning in real life. I have never seen a "barn find" as complete and tidy as this one. It blew me away that it has only racked up around 10,000 miles. Not even broken in whoever buys this bike is going to get an absolute gem I kid you not.

Well your a bit high on the mileage, it's just over 5000 miles......

And yes the #1 carb was in the Berryman juice, and was taken out the next day and #2 was put in it's place it should be ready by today to reassemble. The only part that will halt the reassembly is I need new O rings as the ones on them were a wee bit old, cracked and one was even split. Not to worry I am sure the dealership will have them and or my search for them will be cast further, but I am sure they will be located.

Originally posted by SVSooke View Post
                      Dang it all!I knew the Beemer would be nice with just a bit of work.Where it just a bit closer............................................ ..
                      Well we can look at getting it out to you via some cheap transport, and or fly down and ride her back home......

Comment

Originally posted by GateKeeper View Post

Well we can look at getting it out to you via some cheap transport, and or fly down and ride her back home......
                        As much as I would like to take you up on the idea it just isn't going to happenTo many projects taking the to few $$ we have with no room already and one other bike(the mystery Katana) waiting to have it's PO's mess cleaned up so we can bring it home I have WAY more than I need right now.Even though my ancestry is German I'm not a big BMW fan with 3 exceptions.I really like the old R100RS,the R65 with a special place for the LS and the K75S,most of the rest of them don't do much for me.Carry on and don't worry about my moaning,I'm really happy it's all working out good for you

Comment

No worries.

You have the chance to get her, up to the day she is sold to someone else, and I don't know when that will be......

I am not in a rush to get her out the door, but working on her as time permits....

Today I asked for a quote on a few small items, some O rings, and gaskets, for the carbs, in total 14 pieces, at a cost of 75 bucks plus tax......ouch.....but at least I will know that the carbs are done right and will be good to go for a long time.....

Still need a couple of tires and a battery, after that it's a few more tedious hours of detailing, and on the market she goes.....

If the insurance was not such a nightmare here in Ontario, I would be more than happy to keep the bike and ride it on occasion, but the cost of insurance prevents this, well at least for me.....

Comment

BING Carbs...

A couple of BING carbs after a soaking, some scrubbing, and now just waiting on new O rings so I can put them back together...

Comment

First time running in over 20 years....

Well the carb rebuild helped....

And in 20 years if not more, the bike is once again running....

Sorry about the crappy sound and video. but it's all I have at the moment...

Last edited by Guest; 04-18-2015, 01:40 AM.

Comment

Awesome brother! But not being familiar with the sound of a Bimmer of this type, I am not sure if that valve sound is normal or not. I think I would go easy on it abit until you find out. Hopefully someone here can advise.

I would also not be riding it up and down the street in case buddy decides he wants her back, ha,ha. Can't wait to get my little flip .

Comment

Working...
                                X