2016 Triumph America LT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2016 Triumph America LT

Here is a nice deal for a 2016 Triumph America LT. This dealer has 6-8 available at this price. They also show a $199.00 shipping deal.

I am not a big fan of the bikes appearance but I thought someone here might be interested.

Details: Brand new 2016 Triumph America LT MSRP $9,800.00 Special Deal $6,499.00

National Powersports Distributors is one of the largest sellers of pre-owned powersports vehicles in the US.

Looks like a nice flat slab commuter scoot. I'm not a big fan of that style either but cruisers serve a purpose.
    Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Rekon what size that hoss is, a vertical V twin looks kind'f like the old Triumph 650's back in the 60's. I read all the readin & all it said was American LT, didn't mention what size it is. Doesn't look too impressive to me either, no matter what size it is.
      1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

850 I think.
        sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
        2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

If you like that sort of thing, then this is the sort of thing you might like.
          1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
          2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
          2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
          Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Originally posted by Vmass View Post
            Here is a nice deal for a 2016 Triumph America LT. This dealer has 6-8 available at this price. They also show a $199.00 shipping deal.

I am not a big fan of the bikes appearance but I thought someone here might be interested.

Details: Brand new 2016 Triumph America LT MSRP $9,800.00 Special Deal $6,499.00

http://www.nationalpowersports.net/i...x?itemID=31217
            They're only 10 miles away from me and I was there a few days ago looking over bikes. I go there when I want to lust over bikes in person. They must have at least 600 bikes in their showroom/warehouse of all makes. They are the local Triumph dealer but I did not see that deal though. Not my style of bike either and they do price out much higher than CL for any type of bike. But that is a great deal. A few times I've brought bikes over for cash but they offer low, as usually expected, but bikes like my clean, low miles DL650 and SV650 were in demand bikes and they had little or no inventory of those. I wind up selling for 30-50% higher private sale on CL anyway....but I still like walking through there....like a kid in a candy store!!
            Then I wait til the Loudon Classic Races (12 miles away) in June and for a week I go and take all the new bikes out for test rides.
            Last edited by Guest; 12-17-2016, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post
              They're only 10 miles away from me and I was there a few days ago looking over bikes. I go there when I want to lust over bikes in person. They must have at least 600 bikes in their showroom/warehouse of all makes. They are the local Triumph dealer but I did not see that deal though. Not my style of bike either and they do price out much higher than CL for any type of bike. But that is a great deal. A few times I've brought bikes over for cash but they offer low, as usually expected, but bikes like my clean, low miles DL650 and SV650 were in demand bikes and they had little or no inventory of those. I wind up selling for 30-50% higher private sale on CL anyway....but I still like walking through there....like a kid in a candy store!!
              Then I wait til the Loudon Classic Races (12 miles away) in June and for a week I go and take all the new bikes out for test rides.
              They do have a bike that I would like, but I cannot get them to budge on their price.

Comment

They do have a bike that I would like, but I cannot get them to budge on their price.
                They don't haggle on price. It is what is marked. I've tried a few times but their answer is that they price everything at what they think is the best price. The salesman stated once that over 60% of their sales are over the web. They do have a nice location for walk-in though and they are pleasant people. Lots of Harleys there. They are a dime a dozen to me and way overvalued, but whatever sells.

Comment

I got a hell of a deal on my trade through them on the B-KING. As I recall they did move on the price some but you can get them on the trade in. We negotiated a trade in for $5500. I was working with MOM, National and Roadside in VT. Made them fight for my business, National won.
                  I made out very well I walked out with my Connie for $1300 plus trade all legal and ready to go. Not bad considering I bought the B-KING for $5K out the door, 8 months earlier in the year, I also racked 10k miles on it... Everything is negotiable, you just have to work the right angle! $6800 for a then minty ZG1400 with 14K miles... Worth every penny for hands down the Connie is the best bike I've ever owned for my riding style and demands.
                  Last edited by Jedz123; 12-18-2016, 04:31 PM.
                  Jedz Moto
                  1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                  1988 Honda GL1500-6
                  2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                  2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                  2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                  Originally posted by Hayabuser
                  Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                    I got a hell of a deal on my trade through them on the B-KING. As I recall they did move on the price some but you can get them on the trade in. We negotiated a trade in for $5500. I was working with MOM, National and Roadside in VT. Made them fight for my business, National won.
                    I made out very well I walked out with my Connie for $1300 plus trade all legal and ready to go. Not bad considering I bought the B-KING for $5K out the door, 8 months earlier in the year, I also racked 10k miles on it... Everything is negotiable, you just have to work the right angle! $6800 for a then minty ZG1400 with 14K miles... Worth every penny for hands down the Connie is the best bike I've ever owned for my riding style and demands.
                    Well, they win! I tried on three occasions to work a little better deal on their listed price, they simply would not budge. I searched the country for an identical bike and came to the conclusion that the bike was priced very competitively and I put a deposit on the bike.

This company does quite an extensive condition report on their bikes as well as provide a bunch of pictures. This particular bike has not been through theIR complete service/picture process. So, I put a deposit on the bike and will have first right of refusal once it has been checked out.

So, if the bike checks out ok, I will have my semi-pirate bike for Laconia. The past couple of years I have rented an Indian for the weekend and thought it made sense to buy the ship.

Comment

Well, they win! I tried on three occasions to work a little better deal on their listed price, they simply would not budge. I searched the country for an identical bike and came to the conclusion that the bike was priced very competitively and I put a deposit on the bike.

This company does quite an extensive condition report on their bikes as well as provide a bunch of pictures. This particular bike has not been through theIR complete service/picture process. So, I put a deposit on the bike and will have first right of refusal once it has been checked out.

So, if the bike checks out ok, I will have my semi-pirate bike for Laconia. The past couple of years I have rented an Indian for the weekend and thought it made sense to buy the ship.
                      The fact they ship to your house is killer too... Congrats on the purchase... I like the Triumphs but IMHO they are a bit sluggish. If it doesn't wheelie I loose interest fast..

Congrats Vmass Maybe next year we will get to see you and the new machine at one of our NE GSR rallies!!!
                      Jedz Moto
                      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                      1988 Honda GL1500-6
                      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                        The fact they ship to your house is killer too... Congrats on the purchase... I like the Triumphs but IMHO they are a bit sluggish. If it doesn't wheelie I loose interest fast..

Congrats Vmass Maybe next year we will get to see you and the new machine at one of our NE GSR rallies!!!
                        I didn't do the Triumph, not a fan. I used to have a Victory and thought it was a great bike, so I have been searching for deal!. Love the new Indians, but for the amount of use I will give it, 20k doesn't entice me.

Here is the Vic I chose: http://www.nationalpowersports.net/i...x?itemID=31134 If it is as nice in person, it is a solid deal. Not sure of it's wheelie capability!

Comment

I didn't do the Triumph, not a fan. I used to have a Victory and thought it was a great bike, so I have been searching for deal!. Love the new Indians, but for the amount of use I will give it, 20k doesn't entice me.

Here is the Vic I chose: http://www.nationalpowersports.net/i...x?itemID=31134 If it is as nice in person, it is a solid deal. Not sure of it's wheelie capability!
                          Wheelie capable? I'd guess probably not but it would smoke the rear tire which is also cool! Those bikes are actually quite peppy, for being a cruiser! It would smoke the TU... And any GS650(Shafty) and under... $8K is a decent deal for that machine!!!

I test rode a Scout I wasn't too impressed with it. The motor was very nice but the transmission felt anything but smooth. To be fair I also test rode a FZ-09 the same day, not much was in comparison to all round perfection (IMHO)... Maybe the R3?

I'm sorry the link from above sent me to a Triumph. I hope things check out for you! Best of luck on the purchase!!!
                          Jedz Moto
                          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                          1988 Honda GL1500-6
                          2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

I agree with you on the Scout, not very impressive and too small for my liking. The Indian that I spent a couple weekends on was the Chief Vintage, I loved it. Just didn't 20k love it!

This Victory should do everything that I liked about the Indian at a far better price point for a bike that won't get much use........probably just Laconia and Halloween.

Comment

That Victory looks like a very capable mileage accumulator.

A friend of mine that first rode a GPz750, and then graduated to a Ducati, bought a Kawasaki Vulcan (can't remember the size, but it was big) so he could ride with his wife. 35k miles later it was about the only bike he rode anymore. This dude use to race the GPz too so he was no pirate type.
                              Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Working...
                              X