2016 Triumph America LT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
    That Victory looks like a very capable mileage accumulator.

A friend of mine that first rode a GPz750, and then graduated to a Ducati, bought a Kawasaki Vulcan (can't remember the size, but it was big) so he could ride with his wife. 35k miles later it was about the only bike he rode anymore. This dude use to race the GPz too so he was no pirate type.
    The Vulcan is a big bike: http://www.nationalpowersports.net/i...=25297#gAnchor and it was actually on my short list for a Laconia bike. However, since I enjoyed my last Victory (picture of it below), I figured I would stay with it. The new Victory has a very low seat height and feels very light and well balanced, much more so than my previous Victory..... and the price is right.

The pirate reference was just a joke, all things considered, I probably couldn't even pull it off on Halloween.

Comment

I always got a kick on how big the Victory engine looks.... Truthfully though that 106 Freedom mill is top notch compared to Harley...

If I loved the VTX and if I decided to keep a cruiser I would have opted out for a Gunner:

Obviously I didn't catch that bug...
      Jedz Moto
      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
      1988 Honda GL1500-6
      2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
      2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
      Originally posted by Hayabuser
      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

My old Vic was a 2004 and had 92 CI engine. I am not sure when they went to the 106....should be a bit more fun! The Gunner is a sweet looking bike, similar to the Judge: http://www.nationalpowersports.net/i...x?itemID=30638

Comment

Originally posted by Vmass View Post
          My old Vic was a 2004 and had 92 CI engine. I am not sure when they went to the 106....should be a bit more fun! The Gunner is a sweet looking bike, similar to the Judge: http://www.nationalpowersports.net/i...x?itemID=30638
          You want me to go over and kick the tires for you? Any excuse to walk in there and window shop. I took the Vegas with the larger front wheel for a test ride at Loudon this year, but I'm just not a Harley cruiser type. It was definitely smoother than the half dozen borrowed Harley bikes I've ridden...and cheaper price. I've ridden more than a few forward control bikes but they just don't feel good after awhile, especially in stop and go traffic or over 75 mph. It's hard to beat an old bike like the GS850G or 1000G for 1/10th the cost for racking up miles..not to mention more clearance when leaning hard in the corners. And I get more lookers in the crowd of bikes because it doesn't blend in. Enjoy the new bike when it arrives. If you get this week there might be a few warmer days to ride before Christmas!!

Vegas.....that might be the Gunner next to me in pic?

Last edited by Guest; 12-19-2016, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Hey Lurch, thanks for the offer. Don't go out of your way to check it out, but if you are in the area, feel free! I actually have no need to get the bike quickly, so I will probably let them keep it until April. They have a Layaway deal that has no interest and no storage fees, another attractive reason to buy this bike from them.

According to the salesman, the bike will be going into their service department to get a full checkup, fluids changed and detailed. They will follow that up with many pictures and a video. Once I review the checkup report, pictures and video, I can say deal or no deal. From the pictures they have posted, pretty sure I know what I will be saying.

Comment

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post

Vegas.....that might be the Gunner next to me in pic?

Looks like a Gunner to me Steve!
              Jedz Moto
              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
              1988 Honda GL1500-6
              2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
              2020 Honda Monkey Z125
              2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
              Originally posted by Hayabuser
              Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by bwringer View Post
                If you like that sort of thing, then this is the sort of thing you might like.
                Well said!

1982 GS1100 G converted by Motorcyclist magazine in 1986 to be a tribute to the Wes Cooley replica. 1982 Honda 900F. 1997 Yamaha VMax.
                Also owned: 1973 Kawasaki Z1 900, 1972 Honda 750 K, 1976 Yamaha XS 650, 1980 Kawasaki KZ 1000 MKII, 1978 Kawasaki SR 650. Current cage is a 2001 Mustang Bullitt in Dark Highland Green. Bought new in Sept. 2001.

Comment

Im not a big fan of the America but I really do like the speedmaster my wife purchased last jan. The engine size is 865cc and now I think the new ones are 900cc. I can tell you that this bike is very smooth, quite quiet with very good acceleration and it gets 60 to 65 mpg. This bike is light and numble handleing in the twisties with nice compliant suspension with out being springy. She put 4500 miles on it last season and besides it not having a center stand so oiling the chain is a PIA the bike has preformed flawlessly. We added floor boards and a set of hard bags on it last summer.
                  Last edited by Guest; 12-22-2016, 01:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X