Gs450GA - gasket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gs450GA - gasket

So I've posted on this website previously about a knocking sound in my bike. http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=199439 I switched out several more parts and fixed the problem. However, in the process I managed to rip the crankcase cover gasket on the torque convert side. I thought it would be easy to fix with some liquid gasket but it starts to drip oil as soon as I start the bike. I've been looking for one online but havent had any luck. Any idea on where I could find a new one?

Why not make one, using your old gasket (or cover) as template?
    I take it that you are looking for #11482-44500 ?
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

I didn't know if a cork gasket would work on a motorcycle, especially since its the cover over the torque converter. And yes, #11482-44500 is the part number but every place I look say the part is out of stock and obsolete.

Comment

You can buy gasket material in sheets then draw you cover on it and carefuly cut it out of the sheet.

Comment

Originally posted by jfman View Post
          You can buy gasket material in sheets then draw you cover on it and carefuly cut it out of the sheet.
          And VERY cheap. Get you a punch set for the holes and just trace the cover out on the sheet, then go to town with an exacto-knife

Comment

Use your cover and coat it with oil around the seam. Then press it onto the paper.
            When you pull it off it will leave a nice outline to cut out.

Keep in mind you need the right thickness of paper !! so measure yours and get the same thickness.

And cheaper than a hole punch set
            Last edited by Mekanix; 10-27-2012, 04:10 PM.
            Stephen.
            1981 GSX540L "Frankintwin"
            1989 GS500E Resto-mod .

400 mod thread
            Photo's 1

Photos 2

Gs500 build thread
            GS twin wiki

Comment

Thanks everyone for the advice, I'll try to make a new gasket next time I get a chance to work on it.

Comment

Or if you're feeling lazy, http://suzuki.gssuzuki.com/fiche_sel...1982&fveh=2100

Has all the gaskets you could want. Only draw is nearly two weeks to receive the parts!

Comment

Thanks

Finally had time this weekend to work on my bike some and get it running. Thanks for all the help with the gasket. All thats left is to get it painted up for the summer.

Comment

Working...
                  X