No announcement yet.

Motor tear down extra pieces...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The design of that piece is an exact duplicate of my GPz engine. All the way down to the pivot points and the 2 little pieces that are a PITA.
    I misspoke when I said it was an exact duplicate part for part. But I'll wager that part will fit right in my engine.

Comment

Originally posted by almarconi View Post
      I am really confused, how can a 299cc parallel twin cylinder DOHC be a clone of a GPz engine. Is it like one half of your four cylinder?

You are correct about having to take the engine apart to replace the missing pieces. The only reason I knew what they were is cause I've got them in the RF900 engine I am working on.
      just for reference, they did produce the GPZ305, a parallel twin cylinder DOHC although i doubt the engine bared any resemblance to its bigger 4 cylinder GPZmodels.
      1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

What I should have said is that is the same design.
        For some reason I thought I was looking at a GS750, which is a clone.
        Sorry, wasn't on my second six pack yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigthang View Post
          Is there a way to get them in without tearing the motor apart again? Haha

I don't have a digital gauge but they are about 9.5x6.5x6.5 mm

No, there is no other way around it.

Take the engine out and lay it upside down. Take the bottom end half off and you can refit the the spacers. That's the way of least amount of work.

Everything stays in the top end.
          Page 72 of the 250/450 Haynes manual manual show's this
          Last edited by Mekanix; 01-06-2013, 07:24 PM.
          Stephen.
          1981 GSX540L "Frankintwin"
          1989 GS500E Resto-mod .

400 mod thread
          Photo's 1

Photos 2

Gs500 build thread
          GS twin wiki

Comment

Yep, sorry, that's what they are and that's what has to be done to get them in... a bummer but critical!

Same setup in the 450, and when I first split the cases I wondered what they were... then worked it out and kept them very safe!
            1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
            1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Working...
            X