No announcement yet.

Gs500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am not sure if I would violate terms by posting my SV 650 clutch upgrade link here.It's on the GST forum.I could copy and paste.
    It would be a violation not to share
    If it applies to the gs twin base its pretty universal.

I'm looking at a few pics of that clutch, Looks interesting.
    Stephen.
    1981 GSX540L "Frankintwin"
    1989 GS500E Resto-mod .

400 mod thread
    Photo's 1

Photos 2

Gs500 build thread
    GS twin wiki

Comment

I am running SV 650 EBC kevlar friction discs,GS steel plates,and SV 650 Barnnett racing springs.The clutch is a lot stiffer.I did this because I installed a Bandit 600 4.5 inch rear wheel and a 16/60/17 rear tire.Way to much tire for the rear of a GS and the Bandit rear wheel was a PITA.

My SV 650 super clutch thread. http://gstwins.com/gsboard/index.php?topic=56043.0

My GS build thread with link list to various mods I have done. http://gstwins.com/gsboard/index.php?topic=57042.0

Comment

Cool, thanks for the links.

I got my pipe today. And surprise the hardware kit was with it It was hidden under a flap at the bottom of the box :P

Also got some main jets. 140 145 and 150. I also still have all the DJ ones that I'll probably never use.
        Stephen.
        1989 GS500E Resto-mod .

400 mod thread
        Photo's 1

Photos 2

Gs500 build thread
        GS twin wiki

Comment

Originally posted by Mekanix View Post
          Cool, thanks for the links.

I got my pipe today. And surprise the hardware kit was with it It was hidden under a flap at the bottom of the box :P

Also got some main jets. 140 145 and 150. I also still have all the DJ ones that I'll probably never use.
          You're welcome.

DJ jets are not numbered by orifice size like Mikuni.I can't remember for sure but I think a 150 DJ is smaller than a 150 mikuni.You probably already know that tho.

Comment

Originally posted by ben2go View Post
            You're welcome.

DJ jets are not numbered by orifice size like Mikuni.I can't remember for sure but I think a 150 DJ is smaller than a 150 Mikuni.You probably already know that tho.
            Yeah I just went through all that. I thought I was doing good by getting the DJ kit but the DJ 134 is the biggest in the kit and its an equivalent to at 125 Mik. So I bought some MIK 140-150 since that's where people end up anyways.

I wonder what will happen with the 150 and the DJ needle... So many things to play with :P
            I have two sets of carbs so I'm going to be swapping parts to figure out what each will do.
            The frankintwin uses the same jets and I was going to need some for that anyways So I think the smaller DJ jets will be used there.
            Stephen.
            1989 GS500E Resto-mod .

400 mod thread
            Photo's 1

Photos 2

Gs500 build thread
            GS twin wiki

Comment

Do they have a drill bit in the DJ kit for the vacuum holes in the slides? If so, any idea what diameter? I'm still thinking of enlarging mine but I can't find what size drill to use except for one of the Kat guys saying 3.5mm...
              1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
              1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

5/32 or 3.96mm. Although I would measure yours an only go a small size up at a time. The dj kit for the 500 has you drill and tap for the inserts they give you.
                Stephen.
                1989 GS500E Resto-mod .

400 mod thread
                Photo's 1

Photos 2

Gs500 build thread
                GS twin wiki

Comment

I have a complete DJ kit for the GS500.It has stage 1 and 3.I don't know what size the bit is.Never opened it.

Comment

5/32 that's what comes in that kit.
                    Stephen.
                    1989 GS500E Resto-mod .

400 mod thread
                    Photo's 1

Photos 2

Gs500 build thread
                    GS twin wiki

Comment

Interesting... a lot bigger than what I've been informed about for mine.

I'll have to rip the slides out again and measure the size as is and try to work it out from there...

Now to resume normal thread activities

sigpic

Comment

LoL. The end result with the dj kit is a smaller hole than stock. They have you install an incert that makes the hole less than 1/8.

Besides that I met with Dary (fjbj40) and we got some of the paiting started. I also found some holes in the tank that has to be fixed before I can continue. Ive been talking to adidasguy on the gstwins forum about getting the rest of the parts I need.
                        Stephen.
                        1989 GS500E Resto-mod .

400 mod thread
                        Photo's 1

Photos 2

Gs500 build thread
                        GS twin wiki

Comment

Originally posted by Mekanix View Post
                          LoL. The end result with the dj kit is a smaller hole than stock. They have you install an incert that makes the hole less than 1/8.

Besides that I met with Dary (fjbj40) and we got some of the paiting started. I also found some holes in the tank that has to be fixed before I can continue. Ive been talking to adidasguy on the gstwins forum about getting the rest of the parts I need.
                          Thanks for the reminder.I need to contact him also.He is a good source for parts.Even with all the stuff I have,he's my go to guy.

Comment

Yeah I know, he's the 500 horder :P I gave him a pretty big list of stuff and haven't herd from him in 2 days now. He's got just about everything I would need to finish the project.
                            Stephen.
                            1989 GS500E Resto-mod .

400 mod thread
                            Photo's 1

Photos 2

Gs500 build thread
                            GS twin wiki

Comment

I've heard Addy is *the* guy to go to... even the folk in Aus go to him!

Interesting on the vacuum hole... smaller than stock! That's a little odd...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pete View Post
                                I've heard Addy is *the* guy to go to... even the folk in Aus go to him!

Interesting on the vacuum hole... smaller than stock! That's a little odd...
                                Yep,everyone seems to go to Adidasguy.

If I understand it properly.The smaller hole causes the slide rise faster due to more vacuum acting to pull up on the slide while also limiting bleed air through the hole as air is ingested by the engine vacuum,thus helping to push the slide up faster.This is my understanding and could be completely wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X