Clutch Push Rod removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clutch Push Rod removal

Hey guys this is actually my first post here. I just bought a 79 gs425l last weekend. The chain snapped on the previous owner and it broke the clutch pushrod and tore the seal. Im getting the parts this weekend and before I get started I was wondering does the pushrod just pull out or is it threaded? Will I have to break open the case? Thanks for the help fellas.

Just pull.
    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

bwringer answered your question. I'm just stopping by to say welcome from about 3 hrs away.

Comment

Thanks guys this is actually my first bike. Id say I picked it up for a steal at $175 lol. It started I haven't really been able to let it run though due to that pushrod oil seal.

Comment

Originally posted by 78550GS View Post
          bwringer answered your question. I'm just stopping by to say welcome from about 3 hrs away.
          Hopefully once I get the bike up and running we can meet up sometime I plan on putting some miles on it lol.

Comment

Ok guys so in the process of trying to get the push rod out it snapped flush with the bearing. It was wedged in good it didn't want to just pull out. What do you guys think?

Comment

I found out why it didn't want to just pull out turns out I have a one piece clutch pushrod and removal of the clutch is necessary

Comment

Working...
              X