Deadbeat seller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deadbeat seller

So i paid for the engine gasket kit for Richs Cooley on Dec 24th. As of Jan 19 ths year it hadnt been marked shipped. Ebay seller was messaged to no avail. Opened a case with Ebay and they tried to contact them. Got a message from Ebay saying they didnt respond to Ebays request and Ebay has issued me a refund. I cant post in the deadbeats area so im sharing this experience here. Fair warning given aboit this seller so look at the seller listed if your looking for gasket kits.

lytleracinggroup

MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
    1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

"The seller is away until Sat, Jan 28, 2023. Expect a delay in delivery until they return."
    ---- Dave
    79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
    80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
    79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
    92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

That seller has gone off the rails. There are something like 78 negative reviews in the last month.
      "Gasket kits" suck anyway. Get your money back and buy OEM gaskets next time.
      Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Originally posted by Grimly View Post
        "The seller is away until Sat, Jan 28, 2023. Expect a delay in delivery until they return."
        Yeah, those pop up from time to time. Gotta make sure you read the whole ad before pulling the trigger for the lowest price!
        1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
        1982 GS450txz (former bike)
        LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
          So i paid for the engine gasket kit for Richs Cooley on Dec 24th. As of Jan 19 ths year it hadnt been marked shipped. Ebay seller was messaged to no avail. Opened a case with Ebay and they tried to contact them. Got a message from Ebay saying they didnt respond to Ebays request and Ebay has issued me a refund. I cant post in the deadbeats area so im sharing this experience here. Fair warning given aboit this seller so look at the seller listed if your looking for gasket kits.

lytleracinggroup

Ready, Fire, Aim. Bashing someone because you didn't read?
          1983 GS 550 LD
          2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Does anyone know when this "Will be gone till Jan. 28 was added to the orig. ad? Would be interesting to know.
            1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

CYPHER..
              Originally they posted they would be down till the 11th of January for inventory so OK thats understandable. Then around the 20th it still wasnt marked as shipped. I messaged again and was told it would ship the 26th. So i checked and again not shipped. Thats when i contacted Ebay and they never responded to the request from Ebay. Ebay then issued me a refund.

So no im not bashing them because i didnt READ. I bash them because every avenue was taken for them to make good and they didnt respond and are deadbeats in my opinion. Furthermore the change of their being away date obviously was done WELL WELL WELL AFTER they were called out. Im a patient and EXCEEDINGLY FAIR AND HONEST person and expect the same from who i deal with. So now that you got the full story you can go EDIT your post
              MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
              1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

My comment was taken from personal experience.
                1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
                1982 GS450txz (former bike)
                LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

"Seller away until..." or "item ships in X days" or "item ships from China" and other weasel words are all not-so-secret codes for "seller doesn't actually have what they're selling".

They're drop shippers or forwarders. They're either using your money to order stuff from the actual supplier and having it sent to you, or using your money to place a bulk order then re-shipping if and when they get it. In this case, something went wrong with the supplier.

Drop shipping isn't quiiiiiite a scam, but it's not entirely on the level either. For one, the picture of the item isn't going to be a picture of what you're actually buying. If everything goes well, you generally do eventually get something resembling what you expected. But, nothing ever seems to go as planned these days when moving goods around the planet, so here we are.

Nothing wrong with taking a vacation, but of course this feature gets exploited so that people can use your money to fund their parasitic middleman "business".

I $imply cannot gue$$ why fleaBay and Amazon tolerate the $krillion$ of $cumbag drop $hipper$ infe$ting their platform$...
                  1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                  2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                  2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                  Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

It's nice to know that your money is paying for some impressive Instagram imagery as the hipsters and millienials make their way around the planet though isn't it?
                    1980 GS1000G - Sold
                    1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                    1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                    1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                    2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                    1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                    2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Working...
                    X