Gs850g

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gs850g

When I put the carby's together I added an 0 ring in the choke plunger between the washer & the screw in housing. ls there any need for the outer panel on the cam cover? So I can get the spark plug out easier.

Not sure the question is clear, so I'll answer two questions:

- No, the round chrome outer covers on the valve cover, held on with two screws each, are not really functional or necessary; they're only decorative. You can leave them off if you like.

- New valve cover gaskets come with a segment of gasket that connects the front and rear halves of the gasket. This is only needed for support during manufacture and shipping, so you can remove this segment after it's installed.
    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Originally posted by Jinks View Post
      What, if anything, does this......When I put the carby's together I added an 0 ring in the choke plunger between the washer & the screw in housing.
      ...have to do with this?....
      ls there any need for the outer panel on the cam cover? So I can get the spark plug out easier.
      And please clarify "outer panel on the cam cover"
      Rich
      1982 GS 750TZ
      2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
      Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

I'm not going to remove the outer panel, I'll just use a piece of garden hose to make installing the spark plug easier, with the choke plunger I put an 0 ring between the washet on the shaft & the housing that screws into the carb body.

Comment

Working...
        X