Help Tach drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Tach drive

Not sure where to post this, hope im in the right spot. Does anybody know where I can get a tach drive eliminator/plug for my 83 850GLD?

The 2004-2006 GS500 moved to an electronic tach and had a plug here instead of the tach fitting. Earlier models had a cable, later models just left the hole in the casting undrilled.

Look on the cylinder head fiche for the 2004-2006 GS500 -- there are many places to order Suzuki parts. Partshark.com is a good one.

The relevant parts are:

The plug:
    16 TACHOMETER HOLE
    26442-45000
    Only $10 - $12 depending on where you get Suzuki parts.

We know the plug is the same diameter because the seal band is the same part number as most 70s-80s GS models. You will want to replace this as well.
    18 SEAL BAND
    26451-45000

You may also need a new lock plate and screw if these parts are damaged or missing from your bike.
    Last edited by bwringer; 08-09-2012, 09:14 AM.
    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Long time coming but thanks. Finally got around to ordering those parts and installed them today. Fit like a glove. Thanks again.

Comment

I took mine off,gutted it, and used quickweld 2 part mixable putty filled it all in, sanded it pretty and painted it.just a thought. WHy buy it when you can make it theory for me.Never leaked either

Comment

Would this plug also work on a 78 GS 750?

Comment

Originally posted by 5150/gs View Post
            I took mine off,gutted it, and used quickweld 2 part mixable putty filled it all in, sanded it pretty and painted it.just a thought. WHy buy it when you can make it theory for me.Never leaked either
            +1, did the same here too....
            -Mark
            Boston, MA
            Suck Squeeze Bang Blow..
            sigpic
            1980 GS850G with 79 carbs.....

Comment

Originally posted by Rick in MD View Post
              Would this plug also work on a 78 GS 750?
              It should -- it's the same diameter as the GS850.
              1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
              2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
              2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
              Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Thanks, I will order me up one then. Going to convert to a electronic tach.. Well at least I think I am.

Comment

Working...
                X