Engine Run - 82/750T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tim Tom View Post
    Well January is almost over. February is short. Normally halfway through March starts riding time here. When the temps get around 45 it's riding season. Not too much longer now.

One of these winters I wanna get a fully insulated space suit and ride year round. The downside of only owning perforated leathers....
    Sooo lucky, snow melts around here in May!

That's not seepage Ed!!
    THIS is seepage, lol.

It's only smokey if I stop, haha.

Comment

That's Seepage!

Originally posted by Steel Toed Tank View Post
      Sooo lucky, snow melts around here in May!

That's not seepage Ed!!
      THIS is seepage, lol.

It's only smokey if I stop, haha.
      WOW Tank!

I thought my situation was worrisome...but it seems these bike run fine as long as they're not spewing oil, you should be GTG.

NOTE: Have you sent the cable yet?

Ed
      GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
      GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
      Originally posted by GSXR7ED
      Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Haha, my mistake, I put it in the car last time I went into town, and totally forgot about it. Sorry about that, I don't look in my back seat too often. I'll get it out tomorrow when I'm near the post office.

Yeah I didn't ride too far with it leaking like that though, it's the front middle part of the valve cover that's leaking. It happened the last week I was on the road so I haven't even tore into it yet to see what the issue is.

Comment

Haha, my mistake, I put it in the car last time I went into town, and totally forgot about it. Sorry about that, I don't look in my back seat too often. I'll get it out tomorrow when I'm near the post office.

Yeah I didn't ride too far with it leaking like that though, it's the front middle part of the valve cover that's leaking. It happened the last week I was on the road so I haven't even tore into it yet to see what the issue is.
          It's cool Tank. I'm riding OK without it.

Yeah, that issue you got there is more leakage than normal. If you take pics of your fix, put em' on your profile and I'll review 'em.

Ed
          GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
          GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
          Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Fixed

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
            Thanks you guys. I honestly thought I was gonna have to park my "T" and get this sorted. I'll inspect her every time...I do like a clean engine but if the gaskets can wait, I'll keep riding her.

Now to figure out why my right blinker isn't blinking. It worked during inspection/registration but today on my functional check, both right turn indicator lights would not blink. The left ones were ok. Is this a relay issue? Sounds like I need another thread in Electrics.

Ed
            OK, I moved the bike from its corner in the garage and used the method described in another thread about the center stand.

I fiddled with the right/rear tail light wires by wiggling them; turned the key to the "ON" position; switched the indicator to the right and then the light began to blink. Success!

I'll have to inspect the light and wire assembly to see if I need to put new contacts in there. But for now, the functional check is done.

Ed
            Last edited by GSXR7ED; 01-27-2013, 08:40 AM.
            GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Thank You!

Originally posted by subid View Post
              My bike did the same thing, turned out to be a pinched wire under the stem. Just loosen up the stem and you will see what I mean.
              The problem was with the right/rear light. Once I wiggled the wires (not hard to disconnect them) the light began to blink as it's suppose to.

I appreciate the feedback.

Ed
              GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

After i put the first 100kms on my T, i noticed the front left signal light wasn't working.
                I opened it up when i got home, and found the bottom of the socket completely rotted away. I made a disk about the diameter of the socket, with a tiny hole in the middle out of the lid from a margarine container.
                I then took the exposed strands coming from the wire, stuck them through the hole in my margarine disk and balled it all up.
                I pushed the margarine disk down into the socket, installed the bulb and put the whole blinker back together.
                Still works perfect, 10,000kms later!
                Although after a ride through some hard rain I had to perform the same type of repair on the right front signal.
                I'm planning on adding 1157 dual filament sockets and bulbs to the whole set up for safety reasons, but up until now that red neck fix has worked great!

Comment

Red Fix

After i put the first 100kms on my T, i noticed the front left signal light wasn't working.
                  I opened it up when i got home, and found the bottom of the socket completely rotted away. I made a disk about the diameter of the socket, with a tiny hole in the middle out of the lid from a margarine container.
                  I then took the exposed strands coming from the wire, stuck them through the hole in my margarine disk and balled it all up.
                  I pushed the margarine disk down into the socket, installed the bulb and put the whole blinker back together.
                  Still works perfect, 10,000kms later!
                  Although after a ride through some hard rain I had to perform the same type of repair on the right front signal.
                  I'm planning on adding 1157 dual filament sockets and bulbs to the whole set up for safety reasons, but up until now that red neck fix has worked great!
                  Tank,

That sounds like a neat trick with the plastic lid on the bottom of the socket.

I'll take a gander at mine and post pics in a new thread so you can see what's going on with my set up.

Nothing should be rotted with both my front turn signals; they were $20 new for each. The rear ones look as if they've been around the block. My first objective is to clean up the contact points and look for any frayed wires.

Thanks for your input Tank.

Ed
                  Last edited by GSXR7ED; 01-27-2013, 08:41 AM.
                  GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Evaluate Blinker Assembly

Originally posted by 2BRacing View Post
                    The earth wire of blinkers is sometimes a ring terminal fixed under the mounting of the blinker. Include an inspection of this earth as well, and do not only look at the +12V side.
                    I will be taking a closer look at the right/rear light today.

What do you mean by not only looking at the +12V side?

Ed
                    Last edited by GSXR7ED; 01-27-2013, 08:48 AM.
                    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

What he said (paraphrasing) is to not only look at +12V but also look at the ground (earth) as well.
                      So:
                      Check +12V
                      Check ground (earth)

Comment

Okee Dokee

Originally posted by koolaid_kid View Post
                        What he said (paraphrasing) is to not only look at +12V but also look at the ground (earth) as well.
                        So:
                        Check +12V
                        Check ground (earth)
                        Thanks koolaid.

Ed
                        GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Ride it. Now, if it suddenly stops seeping I'd worry...

Comment

Ride to Work

Originally posted by DimitriT View Post
                            Ride it. Now, if it suddenly stops seeping I'd worry...
                            Thanks DimitriT,

It stopped raining and the snow is melted...so I rode to work today!

I love my "T"!

Ed
                            GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

I still love my "T". Even though she is taking a Leave of Absence, she is waiting patiently.

Ed
                              GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Working...
                              X