Need clutch cable return spring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need clutch cable return spring

I replaced the clutch cable but the small spring at the bottom was broken, I found one at a bike shop about the same size but is a bit stiffer. Can anyone have an idea of where and what size spring I need ? Of course I threw away the old spring thinking my problem was resolved. Doug

The spring isn't really necessary. Just go without.

Or look at it this way -- you can replace the cable (new OEM cables are best, Motion Pro/Parts Unlimited cables are questionable -- perhaps that was the problem in the first place) and then keep the springless one for a spare.
    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

The spring is needed to pull the cabledown to remove pressure on the clutch rod or whatever it's called.

Comment

Originally posted by Dougbo View Post
        The spring is needed to pull the cabledown to remove pressure on the clutch rod or whatever it's called.
        no it isn't. it is a very weak spring and all it does is stop the lever from flapping around by adding slight tension to the cable to compensate for the 2-3mm slack you have with a correctly adjusted cable
        1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Working...
        X