• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bearrocco View Post
    should the bike be hot?
    wont make a difference really.......
    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Originally posted by bearrocco View Post
      What's confusing , seems steels are hooked to the engine, and clutch plates are hooked to trans, if stuck one could have broken ?
      in rare circumstances they can break, usually just stuck together with sticky goo, so even if seperated, they still bind together slightly
      1978 GS1085.

Comment

Okay not to thread jack or anything but I'm having a similar problem with my go kart and the guys over at triumphrat haven't been able to help. I took it for a few runs before my clutch wouldn't catch at all, it was perfectly sticky the run before but once up and down my block and it was completely gone. It's a 1998 t595/955i engine on it and prior to me buying the bike it sat in a shed with very little/no oil in it for a year or two. Could this cause the same thing? Also to stay with the thread I was having the same problem with my 1980 550, I tightened the clutch cable at the bars a little bit and it fixed it for a short time but it's back to slipping quite a bit, I'm using Kendal 10w-40 cause it's what we use at the shop I work at and I can get it for cheap. Should I just stop being a cheap ass and buy different oil or should I try cleaning the plates?

Comment

Originally posted by Scaxx View Post
          Okay not to thread jack or anything but I'm having a similar problem with my go kart and the guys over at triumphrat haven't been able to help. I took it for a few runs before my clutch wouldn't catch at all, it was perfectly sticky the run before but once up and down my block and it was completely gone. It's a 1998 t595/955i engine on it and prior to me buying the bike it sat in a shed with very little/no oil in it for a year or two. Could this cause the same thing? Also to stay with the thread I was having the same problem with my 1980 550, I tightened the clutch cable at the bars a little bit and it fixed it for a short time but it's back to slipping quite a bit, I'm using Kendal 10w-40 cause it's what we use at the shop I work at and I can get it for cheap. Should I just stop being a cheap ass and buy different oil or should I try cleaning the plates?
          if your clutch is slipping it is more than likely a badly adjusted cable, springs worn out or the plates need replacing.
          1978 GS1085.

Comment

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
            if your clutch is slipping it is more than likely a badly adjusted cable, springs worn out or the plates need replacing.
            So I'm guessing plates since the clutch still is pretty tough to pull in but I can have it sitting at idle and with the clutch out in first and the kart not moving?

Comment

Originally posted by Scaxx View Post
              So I'm guessing plates since the clutch still is pretty tough to pull in but I can have it sitting at idle and with the clutch out in first and the kart not moving?
              is the cable adjusted properly? you should really start a new thread on this rather than taking over the OP's thread..........
              1978 GS1085.

Comment

Working...
              X