Does this sound normal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
    Very hard to tell from a video. Post a location, there are probably some forum members in your area that could help you figure it out.
    Does the noise change at all with the clutch pulled in?

Over in Raleigh NC. I think there are a few near-around but you guys have given me more than enough info to get started.

Now I just need a spare 5 minutes to do some work.

Comment

I think your bike is buggered..best you can do is sell it to one of us.
      Rob
      1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
      Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

This reminds me of the time Richard Christy called a mechanic on the phone and played sounds of his runny poop.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Last edited by Guest; 11-06-2013, 12:12 AM.

Comment

I went looking for the cam chain tensioner overhaul guide on the basscliff site and was wondering if I found the right guides...

Can someone confirm?

http://members.dslextreme.com/users/...-ends.html#A05

http://bwringer.com/gs/camchaintens.html

Also, it appears that there is some sort of seal pictured in step 8 of the bwringer guide; should I (hell, can I?) order this along with the new spring, oring and gasket?

I absolutely have to fix this before anymore riding. I was in traffic today and as I was thinking to myself "damn the bike is idling great right n..." I hear this horrible metal-on-metal grinding noise!

I immediately dropped it in 1st and pulled off the road and the sound went away almost instantly. I didn't hear again but by the time I got home it was idling slightly erratic (back and forth slowly between 1 and 2k rpm).

And when I turned it off the engine was piping hot.

I gotta fix this...

Comment

Originally posted by poorgradstudent View Post

Also, it appears that there is some sort of seal pictured in step 8 of the bwringer guide; should I (hell, can I?) order this along with the new spring, oring and gasket?
            yes, of course. (this is the usual 'leaky' culprit/ or the o-ring on set screw)
            "Oil seal, Suzuki Part No. 09284-10006. I was in a hurry (long story...), so I located the same size oil seal (10mm ID, 16mm OD, 4mm thick) from an local industrial supply house. This was VERY hard to find, so don't count on it unless you live in a large city."

but as chef pointed out ... unless leaking, they don't normally fail per se ... unless there's 'burrs' or whatever, preventing the shaft from sliding all the way forward (you'll be able to tell when apart)
            Tis' an easy overhaul with the awesome instructions provided ... and certainly can't do any harm.
            Good for the process of elimination!

Comment

Working...
            X