Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Angle

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
    It looks like your cable is at about a thirty degree angle to the perch. If it's trying to get to this angle while it's installed, that would explain th breaking cables. Ideally it comes straight out with no angle for several inches before the first gentle curve. Sometimes hard to achieve, especially if the bars have been swapped out for short ones.
    Yeah, I'm gonna have to do some adjusting and taylor it to my liking but keep the line as straight as possible. I'm at the beach right now.

Ed
    GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
    GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
    Originally posted by GSXR7ED
    Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
      Yeah, I'm gonna have to do some adjusting and taylor it to my liking but keep the line as straight as possible. I'm at the beach right now.

Ed
      What!? On the beach? You can't work on the bike when yer at the beach! Best get busy MR! lol
      sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
      1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
      2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Clutch Cable

Originally posted by mrbill5491 View Post
        What!? On the beach? You can't work on the bike when yer at the beach! Best get busy MR! lol
        Gotta take a break from the clutch cable...well, my nephew was so excited to go I couldn't leave him and his friends hanging. (It was good to see the large crowd; lots of visitors from Michigan and Stanford)

Anyway, here's a quick pic of what the angle of the Clutch Cable looks like:

And I also had to drill out the screws on the MC. Glad I'm taking care of the brakes...it wasn't pleasant seeing the condition it was in.

I load the bike tomorrow so all my parts will be stowed for my trip back to NM.

Maybe I'll come see you mrbill...to finish the cable and install the new braided line and caliper.

Here's a view of Mt. Baldy...so close to the mountains are we here in the Inland Empire.

Ed
        Last edited by GSXR7ED; 01-02-2014, 07:43 PM.
        GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
        GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
        Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Hmm, Ed has been quiet lately, hope he made it back to Alamo okay. You out there Ed?
          2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Originally posted by mrbill5491 View Post
            Hmm, Ed has been quiet lately, hope he made it back to Alamo okay. You out there Ed?

Hey Bill,

I've been busy at work...lots to catch up on. I managed to bring my "T" into my apartment--Taking her off the trailer by myself was a mistake!

Anyhow, she's in with center stand up. I'll be bringing my foldable trailer in too but I'll get a buddy to help me with it.

I'll start some work soon...gotta get that screw out of the MC.

Ed
            GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
              Hey Bill,

I've been busy at work...lots to catch up on. I managed to bring my "T" into my apartment--Taking her off the trailer by myself was a mistake!

Anyhow, she's in with center stand up. I'll be bringing my foldable trailer in too but I'll get a buddy to help me with it.

I'll start some work soon...gotta get that screw out of the MC.

Ed
              Oh okay, glad to see you are back. Flip the axle to the top of the springs instead of it being under the springs. It will lower it big time. You saw my trailer. I can load my bike by myself.
              2015 CAN AM RTS

Comment

Trip Home and Back to NM

Under 12 hours was my drive time from Inland Empire to Alamogordo.

Santa Monica is a beautiful place:

Here's a quick shot on the 29 Palms exit...more like 29 Windmills.

Nice shot in Arizona....can't remember where on the 10 I was...

Started cleaning the caliper and MC...put them in solvent.

Looks like I need to do some GOOD scrubbing

Ed
                Last edited by GSXR7ED; 01-10-2014, 12:51 AM.
                GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Man, it looks like you've been having a good time since your journey began...Enjoy it..
                  sigpic
                  When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                  -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                  -Rusty old scooter.
                  Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                  https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Hey DB, this trip has been good. Close enough to my home state so it was good to see family and friends from HS. Had a get-together with classmates and really enjoyed the night. I also went to my HS one morning and took some pics...it was such a prestigious place back in the 70s and then when I went there from 82-85.

Spring will be here before I know it...also gotta start the Taxes. Here's my chance to get organized while I have the opportunity.

Ed
                    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Random Pics of LA Trip

I ate at "In-n-Out" once but mostly ate Mexican food. Also spent one morning with my mom and her "senior" friends at a coffee shop the groups meets up weekly. I also took a pic of my bike before the clutch cable decided to break. And here's some pics of my HS. Almost forgot, a friend invited me to the Oak Tree Gun Club for some target practice. I had a great Holiday!

Ed
                      Last edited by GSXR7ED; 01-28-2014, 01:08 AM.
                      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Okay...back to the caliper...I finally got the piston out with some force. I'll order the piston set since I need the boot and the seal...I gauged the piston using the adjustable pliers:

It looks very gunky in here...time to let it sit in solvent on Monday. I have parts coming in on Monday too but only the gear seal and bits/pieces for the front brake. This job is far from complete.

Ed
                        GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Cleaning and More

I've been busy at work since coming back from Cali...so much so I haven't wanted to install the Clutch Cable. But last night I got myself off the bean bag and said, "what the hey?"

Well, the clutch handle cable knob/pin on the handle side...the side the cable busted from...does not want to come out--you can see it, the small silver portion of it in this pic. (The handle on the right)

Got it out...with an "easy out."

Parts are starting to clean nicely. Now I'm getting itchy with finishing this job.

Ed
                          Last edited by GSXR7ED; 01-16-2014, 07:33 PM.
                          GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

I'm Bummed Right Now...

How I feel at the moment...

Ed
                            GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

More Cleaning

Finally got the piston out of the MC. I'm letting all the front-brake components soak in "Safety Kleen" for the next couple of days. Now onto ordering parts from BlvdSuzuki.

Ed
                              Last edited by GSXR7ED; 01-30-2014, 12:16 PM.
                              GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Clean Parts

These have been in Safety Clean off/on for 4 days...8hrs per. Lookin' so much better than when I removed em'.

Ed
                                GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Working...
                                X