Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Helmets & Vacay

Originally posted by eil View Post
    Daaaaang! Good deal! I have the same Bell Arrow helmet (only in solid silver) and it was $99 at the time. Could do with a chin curtain in cooler temps and the face shield mechanism isn't as smooth as I'd like. But other than that, I like it much.
    Yep, I couldn't pass up the special offer. The HJC cost me $79 but I think that's still a good deal.

Time to head over to the airport. I've left my bike indoors and with a drip pan under the engine. A new shelf adorns my living room where my helmet collection and tools/POL (Petroleum-Oils-Lubricants) keeps things a little tidy.

I'll also be shipping a Luggage Rack to MrFreeze and probably CANN-ing some parts (Throttle Cable) for my bike. I had a little incident where the throttle would not release after WOT. Scared the crap out of me but I did not engage the clutch which would of ruined my day.

I'm outta here...

Ed
    Last edited by GSXR7ED; 03-01-2014, 09:32 AM.
    GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
    GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
    Originally posted by GSXR7ED
    Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

I shipped off the Luggage Rack to MrFreeze and removed these parts for my Riding "T".

Note: Check your PM MrFreeze!

Anyhow, flying back to NM today and leaving this cold weather region.

I'm gonna get to the bottom of two problems on my bike: 1.) Starter issues, 2.) Throttle Cable won't release. I may have to buy a new throttle cable.

Ed
      GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
      Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Okay, I have no issues with the starter...there was a slight mis-connection on the starter button so the Relay & Starter are GTG.

I need to tighten some loose bolts on the oil pan which means I need to remove the exhaust pipes. Looks like I need to find a local welder to fix one of the pipes!

Time to order more parts...another task to get my "T" ready for SPRING/SUMMER riding! WooHoo!

Ed
        GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
          Okay, I have no issues with the starter...there was a slight mis-connection on the starter button so the Relay & Starter are GTG.

I need to tighten some loose bolts on the oil pan which means I need to remove the exhaust pipes. Looks like I need to find a local welder to fix one of the pipes!

Time to order more parts...another task to get my "T" ready for SPRING/SUMMER riding! WooHoo!

Ed
          Good time to put a 4 into 1 on the bike and shed some weight. Good deal on the starter button, I kind of figured that was your problem.
          sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
          1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
          2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Decisions

Originally posted by mrbill5491 View Post
            Good time to put a 4 into 1 on the bike and shed some weight. Good deal on the starter button, I kind of figured that was your problem.
            Good idea--they are heavy! It would take quite a bit of cleaning and a weld job to put these back on. I do want to keep them for the time being.

The oil pan cover is not coming off without some persuasion. The metal is real soft so I better be careful.

Ed
            GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Good idea--they are heavy! It would take quite a bit of cleaning and a weld job to put these back on. I do want to keep them for the time being.

The oil pan cover is not coming off without some persuasion. The metal is real soft so I better be careful.

Ed
              Check your PM about your oil pan.
              2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

V&h

Ordered my 4-1 V&H from Z1Enterprises, thanks for the assist Rob!

Now to order the oil pan gasket, drain plug, & copper washer. I got your message Bill and will do as you suggested.

Ed
                Last edited by GSXR7ED; 03-12-2014, 04:55 PM.
                GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Ordered my 4-1 V&H from Z1Enterprises, thanks for the assist Rob!

Now to order the oil pan gasket, drain plug, & copper washer. I got your message Bill and will do as you suggested.

Ed
                  Okay cool.
                  2015 CAN AM RTS

Comment

oh boy......Going to the dark side....... kidding. Ive read that stock exhaust is painful to obtain. And just as heavy. Good luck. Going with the stock airbox and mild jetting I assume?
                    If you have or had any hot rodding bone in your body, you'll dig the sound.
                    sigpic
                    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                    -Rusty old scooter.
                    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Plug & Play

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                      oh boy......Going to the dark side....... kidding. Ive read that stock exhaust is painful to obtain. And just as heavy. Good luck. Going with the stock airbox and mild jetting I assume?
                      If you have or had any hot rodding bone in your body, you'll dig the sound.
                      Hey DB,

I was unaware of the dark side my brutha!!

Seriously though...I wouldn't think I have to do anything to the carbs...just install and away I go. Guess I'll find out how the 4-1 works with my stock airbox. It's those pods that cause such instances....yes? I'm sure someone can chime in with their expertise.

Im gonna have to clean the engine real good because the new pipes are gonna clash against my dirty bike!

It's more tidy work but will keep me busy. Of course pics are forthcoming.

Ed
                      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

im definitely not a carb expert, but I think minor tweaking may be required...I also bow to those more experienced in the subject.
                        sigpic
                        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                        -Rusty old scooter.
                        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Replies

Okay cool.
                          I'll give you a call today. Let's talk about the 4-1. (Thu/13Mar14)

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                          im definitely not a carb expert, but I think minor tweaking may be required...I also bow to those more experienced in the subject.
                          Yeah, you're right; it's gonna affect the carbs. I'm getting an assist from MrBill who is just down the road from me in Las Cruces.

Ed
                          GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

I'll give you a call today. Let's talk about the 4-1. (Thu/13Mar14)

Yeah, you're right; it's gonna affect the carbs. I'm getting an assist from MrBill who is just down the road from me in Las Cruces.

Ed
                            Yeah tuning the carbs to the 4-1 with the stock air box is no biggie. On my bike when I did it, I also installed a K&N air filter. All I had to do was up the main jets a couple steps to richen it up some.
                            2015 CAN AM RTS

Comment

Eval

Yeah tuning the carbs to the 4-1 with the stock air box is no biggie. On my bike when I did it, I also installed a K&N air filter. All I had to do was up the main jets a couple steps to richen it up some.
                              That is so COOL!

I thought I was gonna have to pull the carbs...I've got the oil drained and I need to buy a very sharp chisel to separate the oil pan cover from the bottom of the case. That cover is very expensive if I damage it...like $500.

I'll give you a call and we can make arrangements to meet up so you can Evaluate my bike.

I'm also looking to replace the shocks...just talked to Rob at Z1 and he recommends the Hagen shocks/spring.

Ed
                              GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Ed, I'm not sure exactly how your new V&H header mounts up on your T. If you need a custom aluminum bracket made let me know. Just make a cardboard template of what you need and send it to me. Just throwing that out there...
                                My Motorcycles:
                                22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                                22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                                82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                                81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                                79 1000e (all original)
                                82 850g (all original)
                                80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Working...
                                X