No announcement yet.

Need help willing to pay anyone in washington pa to help me on my 1982 gs850l

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's really not that hard, at all. Clearing table space to work on is the hardest part for me.

Take the rack apart, that part's easy. Take one carb at a time apart, if you need it you have three others to look at to show you how to get the first one together correctly.
    After the first one it's a piece of cake.
    There are a couple pitfalls to avoid, but those tutorials will take care of that.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

-Mitch, coming from a 19 year old kid that also bought a GS with 0 mechanical knowledge just 3 weeks ago...These guys know their stuff!

-I should have learned to do the carbs myself because it is the right thing to do, BUT if you REALLY want them done just right, go to the "services" section on this forum and read chef1336's post. Contact him and send him the carbs, he is awesome and will do the full o-ring kit and all for about 150, I think slightly less though.

Comment

So it would now appear your bike shop was pulling the wool over your eyes, by not replacing one shim, and telling you you need new piston/rings due to no compression!! "Just bring it back and we can sort it" did you take any pictures when you replaced the shim, would it not be worth returning to the shop and having it out with them, ask for a partial refund that could go towards having your carbs cleaned, if you don't feel up to it yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
          Oh, for crying out loud, its enough to make a shepherd throw down his crook and fvk his flock.
          You have been given excellent advice, here and on the numerous other threads you have started on the same topic.
          Forget the bloody you tube videos, and LISTEN to the advice you are being given, there is a world of knowledge here to help you, but you seem hell bent on doing your own thing your way.
          There are a few good step by step tutorials here to cleaning your carbs, one which jbthomp gave you a few posts back.

Here is an excellent one done by Nessim, one of the most senior respected members here.
          Full techni-colour step by step, if you can not clean your carbs with this tutorial, put your bike up for sale and get something you don't have to work on.

http://www.mtsac.edu/~cliff/storage/...d_Tutorial.pdf
          Listen dude you dont have to be a dick i dont want to read your sarcastic ass remarcks and stupid analogies that blow cock. If your gona post to help i appriciate it, but dont give me your bull****!

Comment

Originally posted by motokid837 View Post
            -Mitch, coming from a 19 year old kid that also bought a GS with 0 mechanical knowledge just 3 weeks ago...These guys know their stuff!

-I should have learned to do the carbs myself because it is the right thing to do, BUT if you REALLY want them done just right, go to the "services" section on this forum and read chef1336's post. Contact him and send him the carbs, he is awesome and will do the full o-ring kit and all for about 150, I think slightly less though.
            Ok man i really appriciate it, i will talk to him now i like these forums, but i am sick of these damn guys who are like sell it and buy something new. If i could i still wouldnt. I dont want anymore sarcatic remarks lol

Comment

Originally posted by Chris G View Post
              So it would now appear your bike shop was pulling the wool over your eyes, by not replacing one shim, and telling you you need new piston/rings due to no compression!! "Just bring it back and we can sort it" did you take any pictures when you replaced the shim, would it not be worth returning to the shop and having it out with them, ask for a partial refund that could go towards having your carbs cleaned, if you don't feel up to it yourself.
              I talked to them took in pictures thanks to storm64, and they gave me back half of my money. Thanks again storm64

Comment

Originally posted by Zavallo62 View Post
                Listen dude you dont have to be a dick i dont want to read your sarcastic ass remarcks and stupid analogies that blow cock. If your gona post to help i appriciate it, but dont give me your bull****!
                Tut, tut, sensitive little dandelion, aren't we.

Comment

Originally posted by Zavallo62 View Post
                  I talked to them took in pictures thanks to storm64, and they gave me back half of my money. Thanks again storm64
                  Result, good news.

Comment

Working...
                  X