Cylinder stud o-rings? Gs1150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cylinder stud o-rings? Gs1150

Me and another member here (Gregory) are rebuilding an GS1150. We're gathering parts together so you'll probably here more questions from us in the future. Lol.
    This question is about some o-rings that were in the case around the cylinder studs. They measure about 15.6mm OD, and I can't find them in the parts places online and they aren't in my "complete gasket set". Does anyone know the part number or the exact size so I can order them?
    Thanks.
    1982 GS1100E "Jolene"

Poke around in the "CYLINDER" fiches for other 1150 sub-models, and you'll find an o-ring with the part number 09280-11005 that appears to be what you're looking for (the "11" in that part number probably indicates an 11mm ID). It looks like some models had these and some didn't.

The images are terrible, but I think I see it, #9, in the diagram for this model: 1984 SUZUKI GS1150ESE - CYLINDER (GS1150ES3-ESE E.NO.101425~-MODEL F-F2-G)

That said, I've never worked on an 1150, so someone with specific experience may have something to add.
    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Originally posted by bwringer View Post
      Poke around in the "CYLINDER" fiches for other 1150 sub-models, and you'll find an o-ring with the part number 09280-11005 that appears to be what you're looking for (the "11" in that part number probably indicates an 11mm ID). It looks like some models had these and some didn't.

The images are terrible, but I think I see it, #9, in the diagram for this model: 1984 SUZUKI GS1150ESE - CYLINDER (GS1150ES3-ESE E.NO.101425~-MODEL F-F2-G)

That said, I've never worked on an 1150, so someone with specific experience may have something to add.
      Thank you, I didn't check all the sub-models (I mean why would they only show up on some models?). You've helped me out allot!

Note: I clicked on the item an it lists the dimensions 2.4mm x 11mm I'd.)
      Last edited by TxGSrider; 04-16-2020, 11:27 AM.
      1982 GS1100E "Jolene"

Comment

Working...
      X