No announcement yet.

750 TSCC Rebuild or Replace?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That would explain why they are needed... the “L” has a peanut shaped tank that exposes the neck more so.

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
    GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
    Originally posted by GSXR7ED
    Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

They're on the frame parts fiche for the "T", and that frame is different from the "L". Just a curiosity, is all. Things that make you go Didn't mean to derail my own thread.
      Rich
      1982 GS 750TZ
      2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
      Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

We learn from these experiences with our GS’.

No “Target Fixation” for you, Rich!

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
        GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
        Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Back to work. Rear turn signals with new grounds and wires sorted.
          Rich
          1982 GS 750TZ
          2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

looks purty
            Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
            1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
            2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
            Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
            and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Yes Purty pictures, , but 2nd is way purttier
              1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Smooth move, Exlax!

taking the rear wheel apart to clean, I managed to break the nub off of one of the rubber wedges. Would this be a problem if I put it back this way? Suzuki calls it a SHOCK ABSORBER, REAR DRUM. $7.84 for 1 or all 6? PO typically will show how many are required of a part. This shows quantity of 1.

If I order and get just one, will replacing just one have any adverse effects? If I order and get all 6, that’s fine but seems an unlikely price for all 6.

your collective knowledge is appreciated.

Rich
                1982 GS 750TZ
                2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Not sure about the pricing, but it would be fine to replace just one. Over here that would be called a cush drive - it takes up the shock when the sprocket carrier engages the rear wheel.
                  1980 GS550ET

Comment

Thank you. I’ll order it tonight. I’m still a few weeks from getting the engine back together so it’s really not a delay. Was just hoping to get the back wheel on tonight so I could sit on the bike and make vroom-vroom noises.
                    Last edited by Rich82GS750TZ; 05-20-2020, 10:35 AM.
                    Rich
                    1982 GS 750TZ
                    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

For anyone else, like me, who may have been completely ignorant of what the cush drive is, or does, here's a short video explanation. STONG LANGUAGE, but informative.

Rich
                      1982 GS 750TZ
                      2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

I replaced a set a year or two in and have had the same set since. Its a hell of a part used in practically all suzuki bikes up to Hayabusa same part same strength durability etc.

There are aftermarket ones made that the Hayabusa guys see, to like. Red polyurethane

1983 GS 550 LD
                        2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
                          For anyone else, like me, who may have been completely ignorant of what the cush drive is, or does, here's a short video explanation. STONG LANGUAGE, but informative.

So quit yackin’ and get crackin’, Rich. lol

Ed
                          GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

All that little rubber tit does is hold the cushion in place during assembly. Almost useless cause when the driven hub is put in, the rubber cushions can't get out of place until hub is taken off again. Yeah, for $6 replace it, but if you don't, you'll never know the difference.
                            1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Originally posted by rphillips View Post
                              All that little rubber tit does is hold the cushion in place during assembly. Almost useless cause when the driven hub is put in, the rubber cushions can't get out of place until hub is taken off again. Yeah, for $6 replace it, but if you don't, you'll never know the difference.
                              Kind of what I figured. Like, where's it gonna go? But, I did order it. Still waiting on my pistons/rings, base gasket, and breather gasket. Can't put the engine back together yet without those so..... I think tonight I'll look harder for a wire that's only on with the ignition in the headlamp bucket that gives me close to the battery voltage on which to connect my digital volt meter. I had it wired to the accessory screw terminals back on the fuse block, but that's always on. I want to not have to use the switch on the voltmeter and have to remember to turn it off. I've got a good wiring diagram, so I should be OK. But, if anyone's got good advice on that topic, I'm all ears. I'd rather not install a relay.
                              Rich
                              1982 GS 750TZ
                              2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Relays are for things that draw a lot of current, ie. headlight or starter motor. Something as lite as a volt meter, your "82" model should have front running lights, just wire into one of the leads for them. Don't even think a larger fuse, all be good just wire it in. Just my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                                X