Suzuki and DOHC Engine Emblems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suzuki and DOHC Engine Emblems

I got new "Suzuki" and "DOHC" emblems for the right and left crank case of my GS550 engine and I'm just wondering if anyone has any advice to get the old ones off? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Heat gun
    They're stuck on with double sided tape
    1978 GS 1000 (since new)
    1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
    1978 GS 1000 (parts)
    1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
    1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
    1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
    2007 DRz 400S
    1999 ATK 490ES
    1994 DR 350SES

Comment

The originals were a thin metal plate with glue. You just peeled them off and stuck the new one on. The new one (in the day) had a light tan coloured paper that cover the glue size. Line the notch up with the case and push on. Job done.

Comment

Heat gun! Thanks, should have thought of that myself!

Comment

I think car detailers and such use heat plus and then use a length of dental floss behind the badge to slice through the glue and remove the badge with little to no damage.

These things are such thin stamped aluminum that it may or may not be possible to remove them without damage. Or maybe they're in such bad shape you don't care about that.
          1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
          2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
          2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
          Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

I use compressed air to loosen the stator cover emblem it usually pops off pretty easily and the ign cover you can just carefully push it loose with a thumb through hole provided.
            1980 GS1000E

Comment

Working...
            X