No announcement yet.

Ceramic Coat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really like the yellow. Sharp looking bike.

Comment

Here's a pic of my recently ceramic coated black exhaust FYI.

Comment

Is that a new method to vent all the hot air coming out of your computer, and should I get a set up like that?

Comment

I would recommend it. Re-jetting however will probably be required. Just what we need right?...........more hot air.

Comment

Originally posted by mark
            Re-jetting however will probably be required. .
            If you were running this exhaust before coating, I doubt it would need any jetting change due to the coating.....while they do claim a couple hp increase due to better heat retention, the difference in actual street riding is negligible.
            Nice looking pipes though 8) .....I think its the same shade as mine...'Artic Black' IIRC.

Tony.
            '82 GS1100E

Originally posted by themess
            Only in your own mind did you refute what I wrote.

Comment

Nice looking coating Mark. Can they be used on a laptop as well. Ray
              "Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded" -Yogi Berra
              GS Valve Shim Club http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=122394
              1978 GS1000EC Back home with DJ
              1979 GS1000SN The new hope
              1986 VFR700F2 Recycled

Comment

Mark, That looks really good, however I was thinking of the silver color.

Comment

I had my pipes coated back in 1999 (inside and outside). They are still holding there shine since I had them coated.

My particular header is the "Pro Competition" model from Vance & Hines. The front half of this pipe is sent out in raw steal from the vendor since it is used for racing, owners then decide what finnish they want to go for. The back part (megaphone) of the header is made up of polished aluminum.

If you take a look at the picture below the engine clutch basket, that's where the two types of materials meet. The company that coated my header was able to do a smooth match with the polished aluminum back half.

I have not had any problems with my coating...Love it!

Hope this helps?

Comment

Originally posted by Fern
                    I had my pipes coated back in 1999 (inside and outside). They are still holding there shine since I had them coated.

My particular header is the "Pro Competition" model from Vance & Hines. The front half of this pipe is sent out in raw steal from the vendor since it is used for racing, owners then decide what finnish they want to go for. The back part (megaphone) of the header is made up of polished aluminum.

If you take a look at the picture below the engine clutch basket, that's where the two types of materials meet. The company that coated my header was able to do a smooth match with the polished aluminum back half.

I have not had any problems with my coating...Love it!

Hope this helps?

That's the color I'm looking for. I'm not a big fan of the sidewinder exhaust, but that finish looks simply awsome

Comment

Can you provide another picture of how it looks after using it on the bike for a while? I was wondering how good the paint looks.

Originally posted by mark
                      Here's a pic of my recently ceramic coated black exhaust FYI.

Comment

Working...
                      X