No announcement yet.

Where to purchase close to original mirrors? 1981 GS650e

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You have to watch the Mirror Stem length. A dealer sold me a set he said would fir my '83 GS750SE, but the stems were so much shorter, I couldn't see behind me. I got my money back.

Comment

My original stock ? mirrors vibrated shamelessly…..plus the stems were too short. I found some early Honda 1980 ish off the bigger bikes and they worked perfectly. I bought a backup set in case I find the pavement .
      1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by tom203 View Post
        My original stock ? mirrors vibrated shamelessly…..plus the stems were too short. I found some early Honda 1980 ish off the bigger bikes and they worked perfectly. I bought a backup set in case I find the pavement .
        Remove glass glue in piece of lead or depleted uranium
        1983 GS 550 LD
        2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Originally posted by Cipher View Post

Remove glass glue in piece of lead or depleted uranium
          I just did a web search to where to buy uranium and they must give good service cause there’s a knock at my door right now I better go look.

I didn’t know there was a motorcycle reseller named FED
          "You are replying to the most modest person you will ever know."

1982 Suzuki GS 450A
          1980 Honda CM400A
          2002 Honda Relex
          1957 H35 Bonanza

Comment

My original mirrors were perfect. They aren't made anymore, and any that come up on EBAG are junk, and they are commanding high prices. My bike fell over when the side stand dug into soft tarmac, and popped the mirror off the stem. For the life of me I could not figure how they out that mirror back onto the stem.

Comment

Can't say for other models, but on my 82 GS650E the mirrors are solid with no vibration at all all the way through to 140kph. 120kph in 4th and no vibration at all....As fast ass i got.

Mirrors are great with no shoulders in them.
              82 GS650E (Canadian), 83 XS650SK (Canadian), Main machines Running
              Aussie, 74 TX650A, 80 XS650SG, 81XS650SH, 80XS850, in various states of repair/disrepair
              Introduction and ongoing thread for myGS650Ez
              Albums

Comment

Early GS's had vibration dampeners where the mirriors mounted, wondering if "82"650's had them?
                1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Mine did. 82 gs650G but they'd fit many Suzukis

Comment

They have the Mirrors listed. I don't know if they actually have them. It would be almost $200 bucks for the pair. My wife would kill me. I'll have to wait.

I'm putting a GS1150 front end on my GS750ES right now and mounting GSX600 3 spoke rims, TOKICO brakes, so I can have a 17" front tire. I'm doing everything in a manner that the bike could be restored to original. I purchased it new in 1983, built it out of the crate.
                    The 16" size is very limited in availability. Thanks for the link!

Comment

Working...
                    X