Help me decide upon a windscreen for my '83 1100E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Suzukian View Post
    I know the one you're talking about. Long gone, but probably one of the best dealers of any dealership in town.
    Small world. I remember riding my '70 H1 up there one cold day and getting pulled over on the Sawmill River pkwy on the way home during a snow flurry. When the cop asked me what I do when I get caught in weather like that, my response was to get home as quickly as possible. Thus, the reason for my exceeding the speed limit. He understood and let me go. The End

Common sense has become so uncommon that I consider it a super power.

Present Stable includes:
    '74 GT750 Resto-mod I've owned since '79
    '83 GS1100E (The best E I've ever enjoyed, Joe Nardy's former bike)
    '82 GS1100G Resto project

Comment

Saw Mill .Pkwy is still a nice road to go fast on. New York police, in general, are pretty good, as long as you pull over. Try to out run them, then, forgetaboutit!

Comment

That's always good to know. Another great memory involving that road involves being passenger in a friend's POS '56 Chevy. It was a Winter day, the pkwy was covered in snow and we were headed down a long downhill sweeper when the car went into a slide. He stayed on the gas, the car made contact with the center guardrail and he rode it through like a train on rails. I can still remember the sound of the car going over each connection of the railing. Sounded just like a train going down a track. Yeah, those were good times. Nothing like being young and dumb. LOL
        Common sense has become so uncommon that I consider it a super power.

Present Stable includes:
        '74 GT750 Resto-mod I've owned since '79
        '83 GS1100E (The best E I've ever enjoyed, Joe Nardy's former bike)
        '82 GS1100G Resto project

Comment

Al,

I once owned an eerily similar 1100E.

I used a Slipstreamer Spitfire windshield for longer trips. It worked well to divert some of the wind blast. It was easy to install or remove and had a decent amount of adjustment to tune the flow. I agree with others that the 1100E looks better naked but the functionality of a windshield is welcome in some instances.

Thanks,
          Joe
          IBA# 24077
          '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
          '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
          '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

Hey willie, even better is being young, dumb, and "lucky"... you're still here telling about it.
            1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Working...
            X