Headlight bucket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headlight bucket

Hello everyone. I have 1977 GS 750b. The headlight bucket was broken into a million pieces. I can't really Tell what it is supposed to look like. My question is does anyone have a good picture of the head light bucket they can share?. It would really help me identify the correct one. Any help is much appreciated.

I can't help with pictures, but look up a parts diagram from somewhere like like Suzuki parts monster, Babbits, or suzuki parts house, those have a pretty good picture.... Also a few on ebay with pics.... Oh yeah, welcome to the GSR.
    Last edited by rphillips; 03-23-2023, 04:40 PM.
    1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Here's a pic of my 79 model bucket. I checked and the part numbers are the same for your 77.
      Attached Files

Comment

And another from the other side..
        Attached Files

Comment

Perfect thank you!

Comment

These plastic headlight buckets are brittle and doomed...

My GS850G has been wearing this chromed steel replacement for many years.
            Custom and OE Style Head Lights and mounts and Bulbs in CRC2's Online Catalog of New motorcycle Parts and Accessories Indy

Second item, the one with the 8mm threaded mounting holes.

1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
            2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
            2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
            Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

I agree the plastic is pretty weak. I will definitely check out the metal Chrome

Comment

Those metal headlight domes have many uses. With a bracket made, they work great for off road vehicles. SO many light and headlamp options. I used a pair in a 1964 Volvo 122S 2 door coupe, when I was very young. The headlight area had completely blown out. I did not have the skills I have now to fix it. The can otherwise ran fantastic.

When it was time for Motor Vehicle Inspection, I put in a pair of these motorcycle headlight assemblies, and drilled right through the fender to mount one side, and through the other side to mount the other screw, same thing on both sides. When I took the car to motor vehicles, expecting to fail, the Inspector said "Great fix, better than the original set up". They were fully adjustable. The car passed. I literally drove that car into the ground. One of the best vehicles I've ever owned.

Comment

I am running the headlight assembly off a Ural hack, on my 82 1100G. It's 8" with chrome ring, fit perfectly.

V
                  Gustov
                  80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                  81 GS 1000 G
                  79 GS 850 G
                  81 GS 850 L
                  83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                  80 GS 550 L
                  86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                  2002 Honda 919
                  2004 Ural Gear up

Comment