• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sickest racing videos i ever seen!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbash 27 View Post
      Sickest racing videos i ever seen!!
      You gotta love the sound of Wes Cooley's Yoshi GS1000 leading the way as he winds it up going into the big banked turn at Daytona: bwwwwaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAH *shift* bwwwwaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAH *shift* bwwwwaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAH :-D :-D

And the fact that Pops Yoshimura was in the pits for Suzuki.
      Last edited by Guest; 12-23-2006, 02:13 AM.

Comment

Here are the high-res scans I made of the Yoshimura GS1000 article as taken from an original copy of the May '79 version of Cycle World. (Gotta love eBay!)

Wouldn't a GS1000 that looks and performs like the one on Page 4 be amazing?

Merry Christmas. :grin:

Last edited by Guest; 12-25-2006, 06:42 AM.

Comment

I need a GS1000 motor in my bike!!

Comment

I need a GS1000 motor in my bike!!
            Not sure of the logistics of putting a 1000 motor in a 750 frame, but a GS 7/10 would be pretty cool.

Here's a motor from a GS1000G shafty: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1980-...spagenameZWDVW

Comment

yeah but i would need a chain motor, It would fit, even a gsx1100 motor fits too. but i really like my kickstart on my 750.
              Last edited by Guest; 12-25-2006, 02:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 80GS1000 View Post
                Not sure of the logistics of putting a 1000 motor in a 750 frame, but a GS 7/10 would be pretty cool.

Here's a motor from a GS1000G shafty: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1980-...spagenameZWDVW
                VERRRRRY interesting. My 850 could use an engine that doesn't leak oil like crazy.

Comment

Wouldn't hurt to have a nice boost in torque/horsepower either from the extra displacement.

The motor is an easy swap between the 1000 and the 850. Check out this thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...t=gs850+gs1000

Originally posted by isaac View Post
                  VERRRRRY interesting. My 850 could use an engine that doesn't leak oil like crazy.
                  Last edited by Guest; 12-25-2006, 03:06 AM.

Comment

That's true. I just thought of a pretty awesome idea: The world's most insane road trip. I'd take my Honda Hawk GT650 all the way to NY, pick up the engine and strap it to the back seat of the Hawk and ride all the way home. I could just pretend it was a 300lb dead body. I'd save approximately $40 compared to shipping if I camped the whole time and ate nothing, and the bike would be wheelieing constantly.

Ok so maybe that's not the smartest idea, but it's still awesome.

Comment

Your point being? I thought we were talking about boosting performance on your bike.
                      Last edited by Guest; 12-25-2006, 03:10 AM.

Comment

For about $300 it looks like I could have that whole swap. That's awfully tempting, even with my 850 engine running fine (minus the base and head gasket oil leaks).

Comment

Originally posted by isaac View Post
                          For about $300 it looks like I could have that whole swap. That's awfully tempting, even with my 850 engine running fine (minus the base and head gasket oil leaks).
                          Now you're talking. $300 would mean an easily obtained 12 HP gain, since the GS850 made 78 HP versus the GS1000's 90 HP. And the GS1000 engine can be hotrodded as well if you still want more - overbore job to 1085 cc, hot cams, smoothbore carbs etc etc.

Comment

The extra horsepower and torque might make you forget about that kickstarter FFS.

yeah but i would need a chain motor, It would fit, even a gsx1100 motor fits too. but i really like my kickstart on my 750.

Comment

Kickstarters rock!

I have a 1978 GS 750, and find the kickstarter very useful in cold weather, or when the bike has sat for a couple weeks. I just bought a 1979 GS 1000, and losing the kickstarter is one of my biggest regrets.
                              1979 GS 1000

Comment

Originally posted by tateG View Post
                                PLease keep us updated on this exhaust situation, my bike needs a new exhaust. I have been frustrated with the lack of decent options and if this fits would be really helpful.
                                Here's an update on the exhaust.

Mocked up the '89 GSXR 1100 4 into 2 into 1 exhaust on the bike to see the difference in ground clearance between it and the old Vance and Hines 4 into 1. It's huge.

The exhaust port spacing is perfect.

Check out the before and after as compared to the old V&H. The 4 into 2 into 1 hugs the frame nice and tightly on the underside where it counts; the 4 into 1 would be scraping the deck. Keep in mind the bike is on its centerstand in the pics.

Before:

After:

To get this clearance, the top of the GSXR header will need to be cut off to suit the length of the motor. Also, the collars and flanges from the old exhaust will probably have to be used to mount the GSXR header.

As it is right now for optimum ground clearance, which shows how it has to be cut:

Last edited by Guest; 10-07-2007, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X