No announcement yet.

GS1000 streetfighter idea w/ picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sent you a PM. Email me those photos and I'll post 'em up for you.

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
    Hey 80GS1000.
    pm your e-mail address and i can send you some pics of my Wes Cooley clone.
    I am too STUPID to post pis here.
    My New Years resolution to learn to post pics is gone already.
    Steve.

Comment

Check out Sharpy's GS red/white Cooley model.
      The spoked wheels do it for me !
      Keith
      -------------------------------------------
      1980 GS1000S, blue and white
      2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

Originally posted by KGB View Post
        Check out Sharpy's GS red/white Cooley model.
        Got a picture or a link? I didn't see it in the Gallery. Congrats on your 5000th post, BTW.
        Last edited by Guest; 01-11-2007, 08:40 PM.

Comment

PJ.
          I have attempted twice to send pics.
          This is embarrassing. Three strikes and i'm out.
          Steve.
          2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by KGB View Post
            As the man said, spoked wheels mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by pan View Post
              As the man said, spoked wheels mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ;-)

How much horsepower can spoked wheels take before they blow apart

Comment

Going to go check out a '91 GSXR 1100 parts bike in southwestern Colorado this weekend. It's got an 1127cc, 145 HP stock oilcooled motor for the proposed engine swap. Seller says the motor started up and ran great with a push of the button - no excessive noise, no smoke, no rattles, no leaks. Also said all the gaskets look tight, head, valve, base, exhaust.

We'll see.

Needs a bit of work - a new battery, new engine covers, and some of the engine fins are bent/broken from the bike being dropped.

Small price to pay for big HP.

Those Gixxer 1100 motors make a lot of power and look good in a GS1000 frame (see signature pic), so I'm excited.

The whole donor bike in the picture below minus the plastics is going for a good price ($850).

Last edited by Guest; 01-12-2007, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Dammit (sort of). ](*,)

Seller on the phone tells me that the compression is only 120 PSI across the board on the cylinders for the Gixxer 1127 engine. Should be between 170 and 200 PSI for this motor.

Lemons into lemonade time, maybe. An overbore rebuild with new pistons and rings would take us out to 1216 cc, and a ~155 HP GS 1216 S might be a wee bit fast, and it still wouldn't break the bank because of the low initial cost of the donor bike/engine. And these oilcooled Gixxer 1127 motors are pretty much bulletproof like the GS motors, and impossible to find to boot. About the only way I could get the GS1000 motor to post these kind of numbers would be with a complete full-out rebuild and a turbo/nitrous setup, which would probably be very expensive, decrease engine life, make the engine less reliable. And the GS 7/11 project (83-85 GS750 body, GS1085 motor) is now brewing on the back burner. Decisions, decisions.

What do you think?
                  Last edited by Guest; 01-12-2007, 08:57 PM.

Comment

I dunno man. 850 bucks for an engine that needs a rebuild, and a frame you'll probably put in the scrap heap? Its your money, but if it were me, I'd look on ebay a bit longer, and see if something turned up. If your going to rebuild, why don't you keep the original motor, install a big bore kit, and an oil cooler? At least then you won't have to dink around getting your chain alignment right, and fab motor mounts. Just my 0.02 cents. The oil cooled gixxer motor does look cool in your new pic tho.

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                      Hey 80GS1000.
                      pm your e-mail address and i can send you some pics of my Wes Cooley clone.
                      I am too STUPID to post pis here.
                      My New Years resolution to learn to post pics is gone already.
                      Steve.

Steve-

Here's the pics and description of your very nice GS1000 special. Thanks for sending them.

Steve says:

"I bought this bike about a year ago from an obviously talented guy in Florida. It started as '78 GS1000.
                      Some of the mods include, Raask rearsets, Dyna coils and ignition, Earls oil cooler, GSXR 1100 forks, GSXR 1100 wheels, custom braced swingarm and Works shocks that are being rebuilt. The engine is a GS1150 with a 1229 kit, Falicon, Carillo, 36mm carbs. It is quick! Loads of fun, 2nd gear power wheelies and lots of attention on cruise night."

Last edited by Guest; 01-16-2007, 12:09 AM.

Comment

I see no pictures :-( just little red crosses

Comment

looks like this on mine, maybe the pics have expired, try imageshack

Comment

I see them just fine.

Comment

Here;''s Sharpy's MSN page of photos.
                              You may need to "login" to see or browse.

HE's also very receptive to questions.

Keith
                              -------------------------------------------
                              1980 GS1000S, blue and white
                              2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

Originally posted by pan View Post
                                I see no pictures :-( just little red crosses
                                Strange, maybe my web hosting went down in the middle of the night?! Is it working now?

Comment

Working...
                                X