No announcement yet.

750 cafe project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like a blast bro...It would be cool to meet you and ProTeal55 (from the dotheton forum)

Slaving away on my project. Spent a bit tonight on body work, will spend more hours on it tonight too...got too many rallys to attend to NOT have a running lump.:-D

Comment

Yeah....we try to have as much fun as we can considering how horrible this winter has been. Proteal is a cool guy. We're all pretty laid back, so definitely let us know when you're in the neighborhood. Continue to check in on DotheTon. ProTeal always post our current events there.

DB

Comment

Originally posted by beergood View Post
        Anyway, while ordering a replacement light, I went a little order happy. I now have jets, pods and an o-ring kit on the way.
        please, please, please point me in the direction of wherever you got the jets...after several hours of looking and coming up empty i'm getting really, really antsy.

so anyway, holy ****, i <3 your bike. what i was envisioning as "my cool budget cafe" now looks "rat bike" at best in my head.

thanks for the inspiration and the step-up of my challenge. i read the whole damn thread.
        Last edited by Guest; 02-18-2008, 06:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 550ugly View Post
          please, please, please point me in the direction of wherever you got the jets...after several hours of looking and coming up empty i'm getting really, really antsy.

so anyway, holy ****, i <3 your bike. what i was envisioning as "my cool budget cafe" now looks "rat bike" at best in my head.

thanks for the inspiration and the step-up of my challenge. i read the whole damn thread.
          Ebay is your friend. Search 'worldwide' and you'll find dozens of dealers. Sometimes it's cheaper to buy from O/S.

Comment

Originally posted by 550ugly View Post

Rat Cafe is better in my opinion. More my style. Maybe because my projects are always on that "budget."

Comment

I got my jets from Z1. They are great to deal with. You can read about them in the vendor section.

Comment

Yeah besides...who wants to spend all thier time polishing "pretty" cafe bits? They are built to be ridden!

Comment

Originally posted by beergood View Post
                  I got my jets from Z1. They are great to deal with. You can read about them in the vendor section.
                  are they just factory jets or are they a little more agressive in their fueling? i seem to only be able to find bone stock parts for this thing :-(

Comment

You only want bone stock parts unless you've done intake mods (pod filters) and/or exaust mods (4into1 pipe or the like) Z1 sells actuall Mikuni Jets, everything else is crap. If youve done modificatons as above, you'll simply need larger jet sizes, but you'll have to determine which size is best for your application.

Comment

i installed pod filters and a 4-to-1 exhaust. it seems to run really lean.

sorry for the threadjack!

Comment

No problem in the highjack. You are definitely going to run lean with that setup. The trick is to get the right size jets. It can kind of be like black magic. If you search the technical forum you might be able to find some info on your model.

If not, you should start a thread there. There are a lot of people there that can help.

Comment

Hey BG...Getting back to your thread, im kinda lookin for some ideas on mounting this glass seat/tail. I dont really want to just bolt it to the frame rails, any ideas or suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
                            Yeah besides...who wants to spend all thier time polishing "pretty" cafe bits? They are built to be ridden!
                            Individual choice. For me, the look is as imporatant as the ride. I am very proud when I polish up something that I have built with my own two hands. Probabaly comes from my training - I used to restore / build hotrods, vintage and muscle cars etc.

Comment

True Zooks, and i dont fault anyone for polishing, and i DO polish. But in my case, most of anything *I* have built, especially this particular cafe im working on now, eliminates as much of the polishing bits is as tasteful. For instance, my spokes. Blacked out. Not only does it eliminate the need for CONSTANT polishing as they generally are the quickest to get nasty, but frankly, i think the black spokes look pretty bad ass. Again, just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
                                Hey BG...Getting back to your thread, im kinda lookin for some ideas on mounting this glass seat/tail. I dont really want to just bolt it to the frame rails, any ideas or suggestions?
                                I used my original hinges and lock, but I think for the next one I am going to use some sort if ping/cotter pin solution. and I think I will put some foam rubber under the seat to dampen vibration and help secure it.

Comment

Working...
                                X