No announcement yet.

The Beginnings of a Little Cafe Racer ..... GS250 Twin ...Cafenated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice work! Love that done in a garage rat bike look! At first blush you look and see a simple cafe strip.. then you start seeing the many custom touches... fantastic!

Comment

Originally posted by AOD View Post
      $1 suspension upgrade, eh?

A few of us have had some other lessons-learned with the front suspension. You can use PVC pipe cut 0.5" to 1.0" for a spacer. The quarter trick does just the same!
      The "Proper" way to stiffen up the front end is to pull out the springs and cut off 1-2" of coils. To make up for the lost height, cut some PVC spacers (typically eliminating any factory spacer than may be in there). This mod is basically free and increases the spring rate, not just the preload which changes ride height.
      Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

That thing just looks like fun on 2 wheels. When I get my GS850 right I may have to start looking for a small bike, maybe a 450, & see if I can't do something similar.

Comment

The CB is a 1971 model. I just realized a few days ago it was SOHC...pretty cool!

Comment

I think the end product is wonderful. I must say I almost didn't open up this thread when I saw "250", but I'm really glad I did. I keep a photo file in my computer of bikes that appeal to me-60's Triumphs, BSA's, Ariels, the new Norton prototype, etc, etc, as well as some select photos from this website, and this bike just made the team.

I would have to pad the seat a bit more as my sixty-two year old back would never survive, but other than that it looks like a complete blast to ride. I would say that a good sticky set of tires, combined with its light weight, would make for a fun and foolish afternoon.

Have the police been kind so far?

Comment

Originally posted by Flaggo60 View Post
              I think the end product is wonderful. I must say I almost didn't open up this thread when I saw "250", but I'm really glad I did. I keep a photo file in my computer of bikes that appeal to me-60's Triumphs, BSA's, Ariels, the new Norton prototype, etc, etc, as well as some select photos from this website, and this bike just made the team.

I would have to pad the seat a bit more as my sixty-two year old back would never survive, but other than that it looks like a complete blast to ride. I would say that a good sticky set of tires, combined with its light weight, would make for a fun and foolish afternoon.

Have the police been kind so far?
              Thanks!...I'm flattered to have one of my builds on your desktop! :-D

Well.....Hate to say it guys....but I got so much response to this bike...it is now SOLD.... ....But the guy who picked it up will definetly put it to good use!

My two girls wanted a scooter so they don't have to deal with a clutch while learning.

I am continuing to work on the GS750.....and I picked up another Suzi last night!!!!! YEAH!!!! I'll post a thread on it with some before pics....This one will be a real quick runner!!!!!!! Stay Tuned!

Comment

Thanks to all that participated in the thread!

Comment

Wow, sold it quick enough! What a neat little bike, and a great clean build. Can't wait to see what the next project is!

Comment

What'd you sell it for?

Comment

Originally posted by AOD View Post
                      What'd you sell it for?
                      I know...I know...this bike was primarily for my fiance and my daughter.....they got scared and wanted a scooter to learn on instead.....to top it off.....I got an offer I couldnt refuse!....lol

Comment

I noticed in the polishing pics that you use Dico discs, are those available from Harbor Freight? I went to the Dico website but they don't list prices.

Comment

Originally posted by txironhead View Post
                          I noticed in the polishing pics that you use Dico discs, are those available from Harbor Freight? I went to the Dico website but they don't list prices.
                          Yes...You can get them at Harbor Freight for $3.99 for the replacement discs and $12.99 for a kit with the mandrel:

Comment

I found the kit, I just can't find the link for the replacement discs.

Comment

Originally posted by txironhead View Post
                              I found the kit, I just can't find the link for the replacement discs.
                              I think they only have them in the stores

Comment

Oops...I meant HOW MUCH did you sell it for???

Comment

Working...
                                X