The Beginnings of a Little Cafe Racer ..... GS250 Twin ...Cafenated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i need to ask...

i have posted a few other places and i figured id try this thread...

i am trying to get me hands on a gs40 tank...the cafe style with the knee indents. what are the chances you have one?

Comment

isn't that bike kind of rare???

Comment

what the 450 or the 250?

Comment

the 250....

Comment

anyone know where to get the exhaust thats on this bike? i really like the look but have no idea where to start looking for them

Comment

It looks like a custom fab, well he removed the old mufflers and used a generic muffler like you can get from dennis kirk.

Comment

This is an interesting thread to read through.

I saw the first page and the reasoning for the bike, something for his girlfriend and daughter to learn on... then he says therefor it needs the cafe treatment?

I was scratching my head already cause the bike on the trailer looked perfect for that... maybe when they learn and dump it a few times and are ready to move on you do that.

Anyways was not surprised to fast forward and read he pushed them away from motorcycles to scooters as a cafe style bike really isnt a good starter bike.

Comment

Originally posted by bhppy101 View Post
                  I took some more pics behind my house today... I am digging this lightweight bike!... I got to ride throug the hilly canyons you see in the background.

Where is all your electrical stuff? Fuse box, battery, R/R, etc??

Comment

Originally posted by mortation View Post

read thru the thread, he posted pics of the wiring and how he mounted the battery behind the seat

Comment

Originally posted by kruppy761 View Post
                      It looks like a custom fab, well he removed the old mufflers and used a generic muffler like you can get from dennis kirk.

yeah it looks like he just chopped off the stock mufflers but im wondering what kinda mufflers he put on in place of the stock ones, i liek the look of those and think they would go well with my gs450l

Comment

Gorgeous!

This is a sweet little ride.. And amazed at the polish job you did! Amazing! You definitely inspired me!

Comment

Originally posted by NetBSD View Post
                          yeah it looks like he just chopped off the stock mufflers but im wondering what kinda mufflers he put on in place of the stock ones, i liek the look of those and think they would go well with my gs450l
                          Might've been something like this.

Explore JC Whitney for premium auto parts & accessories, dive into car culture, & stay updated with the latest automotive events & tech trends

that's jcwhitney and I'm pretty sure dennis kirk has them also but I can't get around their site, if you get the catalog you should be able to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by kruppy761 View Post
                            Might've been something like this.

Explore JC Whitney for premium auto parts & accessories, dive into car culture, & stay updated with the latest automotive events & tech trends

that's jcwhitney and I'm pretty sure dennis kirk has them also but I can't get around their site, if you get the catalog you should be able to find it.

thanks for the link

Comment

Originally posted by mortation View Post
                              Yous kids is wasting your breath. He's not been on here in forever, and he owes some people here money or parts or something, so i doubt we'll see him again. For the record, his electrics are tucked under the tail cowl. Mine soon will be too...

Comment

Working...
                              X