Fork gaitors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fork gaitors?

Hey i am having trouble finding fork gaiters for my 82 gs650, anyone point me in the right direction? what size i need? thanks

That's a hard one. Those and enclosed drive chains should be really popular but for some reason you can't find either. I suggest you look at vintage motocross parts suppliers and adapt what they have using tyraps. Hopefully someone else has a better idea.

Hap

Comment

In 1983, Kawasaki tricked out their 550, 750, and 1100 LTD models (similar to Suzuki GS-L models) with fancy paint jobs, engine case coatings, and a few other touches and called them "Spectres". One of the mods was adding fork gaiters, and they looked kinda neat.

The gaiters are still available. I don't know how well they'd match up with a GS650, but they are probably the closest thing you'll be able to find.

Here's a parts diagram for the 550 showing the gaiter (#49006).

sigpic

SUZUKI:
      1978 GS1000E; 1980 GS1000G; 1982 GS650E; 1982 GS1100G; 1982 GS1100E; 1985 GS700ES
      HONDA: 1981 CB900F Super Sport
      KAWASAKI: 1981 KZ550A-2; 1984 ZX750A-2 (aka GPZ750); 1984 KZ700A-1
      YAMAHA: 1983 XJ750RK Seca

Free speech is the foundation of an open society. Each time a society bans a word or phrase it deems “offensive”, it chips away at that very foundation upon which it was built.

Comment

That's an excellent suggestion!

Hap

Comment

Gators?????? you don't want a gator messing with your forks if you live in Florida. :shock:

Seriously, I've often considered trying to find some thin walled flex radiator hose to make gaitors

Comment

look for dirt bike gators I know the easy to find I think there about 12 bucks apeice (35mm) for the width and the length I dont know. I would ride to a dealer and let a guy behind the counter help.
            Last edited by Guest; 04-29-2008, 11:15 AM.

Comment

alright well thanks for the help. i will take a trip to a cycle shop in town and see what they can come up with. thanks again.

Comment

Do a search on this forum. I posted a link a while back to a place that sells them. I can't remember the name, but if you search you will most likely find it. You na prett much get whatever you want, you just need to know the upper and lower diameters. You can even get colors other than black.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark whiz View Post
                  Gators?????? you don't want a gator messing with your forks if you live in Florida. :shock:

I would think a piece of gator on your fork would be a good thing.
                  Tastes just like chicken only bigger?

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

All the gator I done et in Cocoa Beach tasted like gator. Now, when I done lived on the bayou, that gator done tasted like etoufee. Hooo, yeah, I gar-on-tee.

Comment

Look for "fork boots" for dirt bikes. Also, it's spelled "gaiter" if you're talking about a protective device and not a large, tasty reptile.

Here's a page full of fork boots from Dennis Kirk:
                      Dennis Kirk has been the leader in Powersports aftermarket parts and accessories since 1969. Over 160,000 unique items in stock & ready to ship today.

I installed these fork protectors from Fly-n-Cycle on my GS850. They look zooty and might even do some good:
                      Last edited by bwringer; 04-30-2008, 03:18 PM.
                      1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                      2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                      2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                      Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

PaulyBoy - you got your gator in the wrong place in FLA then.
                        Go to the Gator farm there on 50 between Titusville & Christmas and get some of the chicken fed gator tail tenderloin strips. Mmmmmmmmm Good stuff and if fried like fried chicken it really DOES taste like chicken.

Comment

i work in auto parts another thing to try are steering stabilizer boots like the ones they use on trucks also called shimmy shocks both monroe and gabriel shock companies make universal boots that come in many colors hope this helps Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Mark whiz View Post
                            PaulyBoy - Mmmmmmmmm Good stuff and if fried like fried chicken it really DOES taste like chicken.

You are what you eat:-D
                            McLoud
                            '79 GS850
                            `98 GSF1200 Bandit
                            sigpic
                            http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...php?groupid=13

Comment

Working...
                            X