Engine emblem covers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine emblem covers?

Anyone know a source for the 3 3/4" (rough measure) cirrcular engine emblem covers? found a few on ebay but they look like a cheap knock off.

Joe

suzuki still sells em, flatoutmotorsports for sure, i think bikebandit has em too.

nick

Comment

Genuine case emblem plates are available from Suzuki, bought a set last month. Worth every cent compared to the cheap and nasty reproductions. Part numbers for them (E24 Australia) are:

68233-49200 and 68235-49200, cheers.
      Last edited by Shin-Ken 1074; 07-03-2008, 11:01 PM.
      Shin-Ken 1074
      1982 GSX1100SXZ Wire Wheel Katana - BOM Nov 2011
      1981 GSX1135 Katana Build completed Mar 2024, Curb Weight, all fluids and 21 lt fuel = 206 kg.

Comment

Or, if you are "black5wford" you can just steal the Ebay auction out from under me...

Comment

Sorry, didn't say which was the large emblem, the 99mm or 3 and 7/8 inch is 68233-49200. These part numbers are for the GSX 16 valve engine, not the 8 valve GS, the 16 valve has the TSCC logo.
          Last edited by Shin-Ken 1074; 07-04-2008, 01:23 AM.
          Shin-Ken 1074
          1982 GSX1100SXZ Wire Wheel Katana - BOM Nov 2011
          1981 GSX1135 Katana Build completed Mar 2024, Curb Weight, all fluids and 21 lt fuel = 206 kg.

Comment

i bought a genny cover emblem off ebay UK and it is excellent quality and a very reasonable prce.

this guy sells quite a few, new old stock
            1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Originally posted by Shaughn View Post
              Or, if you are "black5wford" you can just steal the Ebay auction out from under me...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=250263434055
              ya.. i hate fleabay because there is no sniper rule on bidding. these guys get software that will place a bid in the last few seconds and then stuff a huge high bid in there to win, it's annoying as hell.. and seems like it would be aganst the user agreement.

Comment

Originally posted by seuadr View Post
                ya.. i hate fleabay because there is no sniper rule on bidding. these guys get software that will place a bid in the last few seconds and then stuff a huge high bid in there to win, it's annoying as hell.. and seems like it would be aganst the user agreement.

In fairness its easy just to wait till the last moment to bid.
                I dont use software and if I want something badly enough theres is nothing wrong with hmmering in a bid that exceeds the ability of the last highest bidders ability or will to match or better.

Comment

Originally posted by Calvin Blackmore View Post
                  In fairness its easy just to wait till the last moment to bid.
                  I dont use software and if I want something badly enough theres is nothing wrong with hmmering in a bid that exceeds the ability of the last highest bidders ability or will to match or better.

Hehe, I take it you were "black5wford"?

I wasn't implying anything other than that I was bummed I lost out. I was torn between my heart worrying that I'd not find 'em again (not true) and my right brain saying "you really shouldn't buy bling before you're done with the mechanicals"

Let me know how they look!

Comment

this one any use to you guys? a bit nearer to home!!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/suzuki-RIGHT-e...d=p3286.c0.m14
                    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

BikeBandit or your dealer

I bought mine from BikeBandit but you can also still get them from your local dealer (which I found later). The dealer may end up being the cheapest.

Comment

You can order the badges from Suzuki. I don't think anyone is making repro badges yet.

However, some may look different than your originals because a lot of cosmetic part numbers have been superceded or consolidated. There's no way to tell until you get them.

The eBay sellers are just ordering them from Suzuki as well, same as anyone else -- the only advantage to the eBay auctions is that you can see exactly what you're going to get ahead of time.

Personally, I'd order from Suzuki, then sell them on fleaBay if I can't stand the way they look.

You can also often polish your old badges in place and then carefully repaint the black bits.

There are a lot of dillrods on eBay selling OEM parts you can still get for inflated prices. Before you fall for the "NOS NLA" BS, check BikeBandit or Flat Out.

For example, there's some goober on eBay flogging rubber battery straps for $10 - $15 shipped. That's just silly -- you can order the same part for less than $2 from Suzuki.
                        1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                        2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                        2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                        Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Wow, thanks Brian. I guess I should've recognised it, but hadn't.

Comment

Originally posted by jwhelan65 View Post
                            Anyone know a source for the 3 3/4" (rough measure) cirrcular engine emblem covers? found a few on ebay but they look like a cheap knock off.

Joe
                            What would everyone recommend using to install them? Epoxy of some sort? Superglue? Shoo-goo?

Comment

Originally posted by techer2 View Post
                              What would everyone recommend using to install them? Epoxy of some sort? Superglue? Shoo-goo?
                              Has no one has installed these with any success?

Comment

Working...
                              X