Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by windcrow View Post
    This past winter's effort.....

nice looking 1100e. glad you retained the twin shock rear end.

Comment

My '78 GS1000.

Comment

Originally posted by Interceptor View Post
        My '78 GS1000.

im loving that, awesome. not sure about the seat but love the suspension work and those headers look great, home made or what make are they?
        1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Great work! Terrific engineering and style! The more I look at the photos, the more interesting things I see.

Comment

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
            im loving that, awesome. not sure about the seat but love the suspension work and those headers look great, home made or what make are they?
            The seat is unbelievably comfortable, my throttle wrist gives me pain long before the seat bothers me. I made the exhaust myself based on an automotive style header, but it's similar to some I've seen on drag bikes too. The rear shock and bellcrank is GSXR600 with a custom pushrod and heavily modified stock swingarm.

Comment

I don't much care for that style, but it looks to be very well executed. THe suspension is interesting, and the minimalistic but still artful seat mount is a nice touch.

Don't get anything caught in that spring.
              Dogma
              --
              O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
              '80 GS850 GLT
              '80 GS1000 GT
              '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

I like to outside of the box thinking.... but doesn't that seat get god-aweful hot when parked?

I know, I know... Don't park it, ride it

Comment

The seat is unbelievably comfortable, my throttle wrist gives me pain long before the seat bothers me. I made the exhaust myself based on an automotive style header, but it's similar to some I've seen on drag bikes too. The rear shock and bellcrank is GSXR600 with a custom pushrod and heavily modified stock swingarm.
                  GREAT job ! ! ! !

If you're going to cut em, cut em well.

You, Sir...have cut VERY well.

How/where are you storing the "electric juice" ?

Comment

Great work Interceptor, that's one of the nicest GS chops I've seen particularly because of the lenghts you went to to incorporate the rear suspension. A few more detailed pics of that area would be greatly appreciated, if you can...
                    GS850GT

Comment

VERY cool! Nice work sir.

My '78 GS1000.

Comment

Last edited by Guest; 07-17-2011, 05:27 PM.

Comment

My '78 GS1000.

Was wondering where you got your collector?

Comment

Originally posted by Hammered View Post
                            Was wondering where you got your collector?
                            It's from Jeg's, had to buy a set of 2 for a V8. The V-band clamp and rings are extra, most often used for turbo systems. They're expensive but I like them because they make a leak free connection without a gasket, and they come apart easily.

Comment

Thanks for the additional pics 'ceptor, that's all very tidy and cool looking under the seat there...
                              GS850GT

Comment

This bike isn't my style at all, but it is still something special. I like the originality, and the attention to detail. I see tons of modified bikes where people work their heart out and they turn out fuggly, in one way or another. This bike looks like it was concieved in a design studio and then artfully built, not many custom builds stack up to the overall package this bike has. Good job.

Comment

Working...
                                X