Post a picture of your custom GS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks really tidy.

Strange idea to fit the front muddy the wrong way round...

Comment

Originally posted by gs79 View Post
      Here is my Suzuki GS1000E 1980 model

it is quite obvious you NEVER ride that thing. she is a beauty and cleaner than anything i own

Comment

Absolutely gorgeous!

But question. Have you mounted your front fender backwards or is it just me.

sigpic1981 gs1000G Black
        1969 Honda Dream Apart and someday will be painted!

To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is research.

Comment

You must really like PJ1 :>)

(I assume you mounted your fender that way for "effect"?)

1979 GS1000

Comment

GS79 - nice bike.

Anyone know why there's an extra breather from the clutch cover? Isn't the stock breather enough?

Comment

Beautiful bike, also just noticed that hefty NOS tank on the left hand side.

Comment

Originally posted by 80GS1000 View Post
                GS79 - nice bike.

Anyone know why there's an extra breather from the clutch cover? Isn't the stock breather enough?
                Thant is very popular on the 8V brit bikes. I did not find it unnecessary on mine. I plumbed one in with a pressure gauge and did not see any back pressure,.

Comment

There is a bit of a story behind the PJ1 sticker! I got a whopping tank slapper over a rippled road surface at 80mph, bars went into a lock to lock and the tank got a slight dent, luckily thats all. The bike has covered 39,000 and funnily has been exposed the UK winters but shes my pride and joy.

Comment

Many thanks for all your kind comments, I have owned the bike for over 30 years!

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
                      Thant is very popular on the 8V brit bikes. I did not find it unnecessary on mine. I plumbed one in with a pressure gauge and did not see any back pressure,.
                      Yeah you see that extra clutch cover breather a lot on UK GS1000s but I never understood the need. Curious if oil ever winds up that steel braided breather hose, thus proving the fact that there is pressure which needs to be vented from that portion of the motor.

Comment

gs79,

Stunning colour! I reserve final judgement till after my test ride. August ok with you?

cg
                        sigpic
                        83 GS1100g
                        2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

If that was a tank slapper you obviously had on some cafe or clip ons before? Bro, that must have been a scary few seconds.
                          I had a crash with my 1100 this summer and the tank took a smallish dent.Hate to say it but it was a custom color paint and I did not want to repaint the whole bike so I am going to use some sticker camoflague on my dent too , at least for now. ha ha Gotta do what ya gotta do.
                          Eye catching bike. Good work.

Comment

No problem, it is just having a Falicon heavy duty clutch fitted and then it is mega polishing time!

Comment

Yep, you are right loud et, at one stage the bike was fitted with clip ons and a Bol D Or twin headlight racing fairing, its amazing how many transformations the bike has had in 30 years

Comment

nice bike gs79! i like dual headlight fairing. oh and theres no covering up the dents on my tank with stickers lol they are way to big.

Comment

Working...
                                X