Post a picture of your custom GS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 80GS1000 View Post
    Yeah you see that extra clutch cover breather a lot on UK GS1000s but I never understood the need. Curious if oil ever winds up that steel braided breather hose, thus proving the fact that there is pressure which needs to be vented from that portion of the motor.
    you will never see a pressure build up enough to show on a gauge through this vent, or oil winding its way up the hose.
    big bore motors will inevitably produce more crankcase pressure due to the larger mass of pistons reciprocating in the engine.
    the top vent will cope with most engines unless you go up to massive CC turbo/nitrous/nutter engines.
    it merely is there to help vent fumes building up in the lower crankcase area and reduce any oil blown through the top vent.
    any oil that does build up in the vent pipe is oil mist caused by hot running,high revving engines.
    (even race built monkey bikes have them fitted! )
    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Comment

Now THAT I call a piece of art. Both - pic and bike.

Comment

Here are some pics of my 1980 gs550e , ive been working on it the passed few months, its coming along nicely. She's back on the road and running pretty good, still tweaking it and adding stuff to it as i go.

Last edited by Guest; 12-06-2012, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Is that all paint, or powdercoat?
            '83 GS650G
            '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Originally posted by BigD_83 View Post
              Is that all paint, or powdercoat?

The tank, fender , tail piece and side panels are all paint, the engine side covers and some other parts are powder coated flat black. I've been slowly bringing more parts as i work on the bike to the powder coater....

Comment

hello guys, i just finished my build.
                this is a 85 GS700 with a 96 GSXR 750 front end and a 98 Katana600 rear

Comment

Originally posted by 5t341th View Post
                  hello guys, i just finished my build.
                  this is a 85 GS700 with a 96 GSXR 750 front end and a 98 Katana600 rear
                  Very nicely done....

Comment

that is very nice 5t341sir!

Comment

Originally posted by MK3Brent View Post
                      Im usually not one for the unpainted tank, and single saddle like that but Jesus... That really is a thing of beauty. Both from a mechanical/bike standpoint, and from a photography standpoint. That is the most beautiful bike I have seen in a while. Bravo Brent, truly great work.

Comment

Thanks.

I am not a fan of the seat either anymore.
                        Need to do something with it.

Comment

thanks as well. couldn't have done it without GSR and its great members

Comment

my 81 gs 750 with 1000 engine...work in progress

Comment

Originally posted by MK3Brent View Post
                              Thanks.
                              Originally posted by 5t341th View Post
                              thanks as well.
                              You guys hit the nail on the head with your builds. Kudos !!
                              82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Hello, I have been the onwer of the 82 GS850Gfor 5 days now and I absolutely love this bike. I have been looking through this thread for the last 5 hours (its a slow night at work). There are a lot of good looking GSes out there.

Comment

Working...
                                X