Post a picture of your custom GS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slayer61 View Post
    Russ, That is a BEAUTIFUL Kat! Well done!
    Thanks slayer; btw I think I have said it before but if the time ever comes for you to sell the ES you better contact me first. Love all the period (and non period) pieces on that thing and I am in need of an ES in the collection again!

Comment

Originally posted by russr33 View Post
      The finished '82 Kat resto-mod.

Wow, me likey... Cudo's to the chef. I'd like to build one someday, if i ever get my 750 done.
      Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

Well Done.

Well done.

Comment

If it has Kevin Schwants' approval, it certainly has mine
          sigpic
          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
          -Rusty old scooter.
          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Thanks slayer; btw I think I have said it before but if the time ever comes for you to sell the ES you better contact me first. Love all the period (and non period) pieces on that thing and I am in need of an ES in the collection again!
            Thanks Russ! Much appreciated! If you are still looking for some Astralites, I just happened to come across these while surfing eBay

Not cheap, but they're available. Paul

Comment

Now that's a motorcycle! Great job, Russell.
              '80 GS1000ST
              '92 ZX-11
              Past rides: '79 GS1000SN, '84 GPZ900R

http://totalrider.com/

Comment

Originally posted by slayer61 View Post
                Thanks Russ! Much appreciated! If you are still looking for some Astralites, I just happened to come across these while surfing eBay

Not cheap, but they're available. Paul
                Damn I need a set of those. With the shipping though....yikes.

Comment

Thank you to everyone for the compliments!

Comment

Ok...it's dang hard to post after that one. My 78' got a bit of a face lift this year.

Still a couple of things I'd like to do; shorter front chrome fender, bit more of a corbin/race seat, painted black aluminum swing arm, and get these magnesium rims painted or powdercoated

Not sure if I want them black and silver like the stock ones or go with the traditional gold
                    Rob
                    1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                    Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Originally posted by azr View Post
                      Ok...it's dang hard to post after that one. My 78' got a bit of a face lift this year.

Still a couple of things I'd like to do; shorter front chrome fender, bit more of a corbin/race seat, painted black aluminum swing arm, and get these magnesium rims painted or powdercoated

Not sure if I want them black and silver like the stock ones or go with the traditional gold
                      Azr - I would say silver black or just black on the wheels. Are those Morris mags or Lesters? I have Morris's on my '78. A bit of advice; if you do decide to powdercoat have them spray with a primer first. We had to do my wheels 3 times. The porous nature of the magnesium kept letting air bubbles form. They eventually sprayed with some type of primer which did the trick.

What type of exhaust is that? Marving?
                      Last edited by Guest; 11-01-2013, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Bike looks great.

If you do ever want to part with that front fender I would be interested in it. Mine is the same but has a dent on the back bottom side. In fact, I could but it of short on both ends and we could just trade
                        82 gs1100e FAUX Skunk
                        80 gs1000s

Comment

Thanks for the tips on painting magnesium Russ and indeed they are Morris rims. I will definately be posting a thread when it comes time to paint them. The exhaust is Marving, great sound and retains the centre stand. Hey 'Gregory' thanks for the compliment, unfortunately my front fender is dented as well, in the same spot I believe , that's why I'm not hesitating to cut it. Although I'm not sure how to cut it and create the turned lip that is on the stock ones.
                          Rob
                          1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                          Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Thanks for the tips on painting magnesium Russ and indeed they are Morris rims. I will definately be posting a thread when it comes time to paint them. The exhaust is Marving, great sound and retains the centre stand. Hey 'Gregory' thanks for the compliment, unfortunately my front fender is dented as well, in the same spot I believe , that's why I'm not hesitating to cut it. Although I'm not sure how to cut it and create the turned lip that is on the stock ones.
                            I had been thinking about that too. Actually was wondering if I could cut the bad spot off and turn it around, but haven't checked to see if it will fit backwards yet.

Rather than rolling the edge I was considering taking some small diameter round tubing and tacking it on the underside (may burn chrome) so glue an option... but don't know how to re-chrome the tubing. Maybe plastic chrome?
                            82 gs1100e FAUX Skunk
                            80 gs1000s

Comment

I can turn that lip for ya Rob.
                              V
                              Gustov
                              80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                              81 GS 1000 G
                              79 GS 850 G
                              81 GS 850 L
                              83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                              80 GS 550 L
                              86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                              2002 Honda 919
                              2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Originally posted by gustovh View Post
                                I can turn that lip for ya Rob.
                                V

Does that take an English wheel and do you have one?

cg
                                sigpic
                                83 GS1100g
                                2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Working...
                                X