• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Me bike at the Dallas Autorama..

Comment

Sweet !! Beautiful clear coat...
      Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
      Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
      1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
        There is NO WAY there can be 13 different years in that bike Ghost...just ask any of the resident gurus. IT CANT BE DONE!!!!!! LMAO
        Considering the parts from the '93 are the footpegs... I say it counts though. Plus anything can be made to fit if you have the right tools and skills.
        It does look like a pretty gnarly creation. Should have GSXR suspension though

Joe we need some pics (or video) of that beast in motion!!

Comment

Originally posted by gsrick View Post
          While not quite on par with most of the other "custom" GS bikes in this thread,
          It is easier to post what is still stock '79 750E:

Well done GSRick, very interesting build with a good variety of parts!

I have never seen rear shocks mounted with reservoir at the bottom (usually on top) - can you enlighten me why they must be mounted that way?
          1981 GS850G "Blue Magic" (Bike Of The Month April 2009)

1981 GS1000G "Leo" (Bike Of The Month August 2023)

Comment

Its not Ricks bike bro..its "ghosts" And my quip about there being no way it could be 13 years of parts was meant to be understood by those that have the inside skinny.
            MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
            1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by 2BRacing View Post

I have never seen rear shocks mounted with reservoir at the bottom (usually on top) - can you enlighten me why they must be mounted that way?
              That just happens to be the way those Marzocchi shocks where made. I feel like there are few other makers that do them "upside down" but I can't remember who offhand.

Comment

Originally posted by jwhelan65 View Post

Dang, Joe! That looks great..seriously, nice job. It looks so factory correct and just enough mods to make it look obviously hot-rodded. The front end looks right at home on that bike. The body parts looks really nice, too..I tip my hat to your painter. Bet you can't wait to ride it, eh..?
                1979 GS1000S,

1982 Honda CX500 Turbo, 1982 Honda MB5 w/CR80 motor, 1977 Honda "nekid" Goldwing, 1976 Honda CB550F cafe', 1972 Honda XL250 cafe'

Comment

Originally posted by 2BRacing View Post

The reservoir allows additional fluid volume to increase cooling.
                  Adjustable nitrogen dampening as well.

Total cost for frame off "make-over" including: new 10.5:1 forged pistons/rings, over-bored cylinder, custom gaskets,
                  up-graded/stainless steel fasteners, 36mm CV carbs./filters, fully ported head, paint/clear-coat, new brakes, suspension,
                  swing-arm, fuel tank, exhaust, oil/filters, new rear tire, 530 chain/sprockets, new side cover badges, etc.
                  UNDER $1,000.00.
                  Taken down 12/9/2012, first ride 2/8/2013.

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
                  Its not Ricks bike bro..its "ghosts" And my quip about there being no way it could be 13 years of parts was meant to be understood by those that have the inside skinny.
                  In the immortal words of Arthur Fonzarelli, "correct a mundo"
                  GSRick
                  No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
                  Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

My new to me GS1150 purchase. It was delivered Friday and after checking everything, charging the battery, changing the oil and cleaning the carbs. Took her out for a short ride and it runs nice. But was lacking the zip I am used to so I put a -1t smaller counter shaft sprocket on it and some different handle bars I put some Bandit 1200 Gen 2 bars on it. I am still working on the headlight.

But here what she looks like in my garage
                    Last edited by stetracer; 02-17-2013, 09:30 AM.
                    My stable
                    84 GSX1100EFG-10.62 @ 125 mph 64'' W/B.
                    85 GS1150-9.72@146mph stock W/B.
                    88 GSXR1100-dragbike 9.18@139.92mph/5.68@118mph.
                    98 Bandit 1200-9.38@146mph/6.02@121mph.
                    90 Suzuki GS 1425cc FBG Pro Stock chassis 5.42@124mph
                    06 GSXR750 10.44@135mph
                    00 Honda elite 80 pit bike

Comment

sigpic
                      83 GS1100g
                      2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by jwhelan65 View Post

Awesome bike, man!

Comment

Gorgeous bike. Thats an interesting front fender setup. It looks like its backwards

Comment

here is another pic with the chrome mirrors and you can see the Harris titianium exhaust that was custom built for the bike
                            My stable
                            84 GSX1100EFG-10.62 @ 125 mph 64'' W/B.
                            85 GS1150-9.72@146mph stock W/B.
                            88 GSXR1100-dragbike 9.18@139.92mph/5.68@118mph.
                            98 Bandit 1200-9.38@146mph/6.02@121mph.
                            90 Suzuki GS 1425cc FBG Pro Stock chassis 5.42@124mph
                            06 GSXR750 10.44@135mph
                            00 Honda elite 80 pit bike

Comment

That thing just screams fun
                              1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                              1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

1980 GS750L

Comment

Working...
                                X