• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Space on here for pictures of mine??

Comment

Originally posted by BigGun1 View Post

................ hi i like the look of your bikedid you make the seat or buy it as was,,,,, nice and clean,,, regards oldgrumpy

Comment

what green did you use on the strips BigGun1?
        looks good

Comment

Thanks oldgrumpy! I bought the bare seat unit then modified it to fit. Moulded in the lights, took a mould from it to make a seat pan then made the cushion and covered it. Didn't turn out too bad, but the foam has a bit of memory effect and if you ride a decent distance and get off it leaves your ass print visible on the seat

Comment

Hi Cougar! It's Holts rattle can Dark green metallic, you can't really see it in the pictures but they have a really fine border of silver and that's Ford moon dust silver then it has three layers of 2 pack clear coat over it all. It's my first time spraying 2 pack and I'm really happy with the results.

Comment

Before:

After:

It has katana 750 front end and matching wheels and GSXR 1000 gauges

Comment

That's a stunner! Cracking looking bike.

Comment

Of course there is, son -- this is the internet!

I love the original thinking you've taken with your bike there; not quite yet another cafe racer, not quite a street scrambler, not quite... yes, an original path has been forged! Well done.

The mufflers down there aren't my cup of saki, though (and do they hit the ground while cornering, or is it just that they appear lower and wider apart in the photos than they are in reality?)... but then again, originality always appears strange at first.

Good work.

Comment

Originally posted by tfb View Post
                    Of course there is, son -- this is the internet!

I love the original thinking you've taken with your bike there; not quite yet another cafe racer, not quite a street scrambler, not quite... yes, an original path has been forged! Well done.

The mufflers down there aren't my cup of saki, though (and do they hit the ground while cornering, or is it just that they appear lower and wider apart in the photos than they are in reality?)... but then again, originality always appears strange at first.

Good work.
                    Cheers for the kind comments TFB! I wanted to do something a bit different without being weird and think I did it...kind of! I quilte like a lot of BRAT style bikes but think the seat pads on most of them look daft - hence the tracker back end
                    The exhausts are quite low and wide but up until yesterday they hadn't ground out! But an enthusiastic ride to work at 5AM with nothing else around I ground one on a long sweeping bend so I'll have to do something else. Perhaps a 2 into 1 but I rather like the symetrical look of it.
                    Last edited by Guest; 06-05-2014, 05:57 AM.

Comment

As you've relocated your battery somewhere (where, exactly?!), you could do the 2-into-1, then snake the zorst pipe up under the seat and have a single muffler poking out under the tailpiece.

Just an idea.

Comment

i dig this! nice work.

is that just a standard flat tracker rear cowl? i'm assuming you had to fab something to connect it to the frame?

nice colors, too. good job.

Comment

On the rear of the frame I welded a pair of tubes on top of the existing frame to raise the seat a bit and lift the back of the tank to keep the line from front to back straight (ish). The battery is an absorbed glass mat battery and is laid on it's side under the seat base (along with the regulator/rectifier, CDi and starter solenoid) so heat from the zorst could be an issue...but I could wrap it and that would look cool! The tubes I welded on have nut inserts tigged into them so the seat unit bolts down to it, the unit has holes front and rear and the seat pan I moulded from it has studs that are glassed into it that drop through the holes and then put on the nuts from underneath. (If that makes sense)

Comment

Hmm, what about a silencer or muffler or whatever you want to call it made to fit right below the engine/frame with both the headers going into it like a Buell??

Bit like this

Comment

Originally posted by russr33 View Post
                              I beg to differ sir....

That's perrrrrritttyy! I fancy one of those next.

Comment

This is my 77/78 GS750

Last edited by Guest; 06-06-2014, 03:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X