Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
    Devon, UK

I just got to say that bike is beautiful very nicely done thanks for sharing it with us. Looks like a JMC swingarm on it. I have one on my 84 GSX1100.
    My stable
    84 GSX1100EFG-10.62 @ 125 mph 64'' W/B.
    85 GS1150-9.72@146mph stock W/B.
    88 GSXR1100-dragbike 9.18@139.92mph/5.68@118mph.
    98 Bandit 1200-9.38@146mph/6.02@121mph.
    90 Suzuki GS 1425cc FBG Pro Stock chassis 5.42@124mph
    06 GSXR750 10.44@135mph
    00 Honda elite 80 pit bike

Comment

1980 GS750e... complete for now may do some spoke wheels and powder coat the frame Matte black or Sunbrunt Orange this winter, if the time and space is provided.
      Attached Files

Comment

Wow a great catalogue of work here! Many beauties! I'm not competent to speak technically but I am digging the photography skills too!

Originally posted by markisthestig View Post

Comment

This is my GS6505. I am 80% done (assuming you can ever be done customizing) The last bit is to do this seat mod I mocked up in the pic

Last edited by Guest; 08-23-2014, 10:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rwnielsen View Post
            Details on that seat??? That looks SHARP! My 83 GS1100G would love a seat like that!

Comment

My little 550.

Greets Guys!
              It has been a loooong time since I have had the time to get back on the board here. (Originally Macguyver, now just Macgyver)

Figured I would chime in and show you what I have been up to.
              I purchased a relatively decent shape 1983 GS550ES about a year or so back, and rode it as I got it until I had the majority of the P.O.'s problems dealt with.

Then I purchased a parts bike for it, a 1984 basketcase 550 EF...and fell in love with the full fairings.

A quick paint job, some parts replacement, new LED underglow Lighting, et Voila.

Gentlemen, meet "Lucky".

I still have a ton to do on her, new brake lines, lots of cosmetic work, maybe an engine swap, we'll see.
              ---
              Mac
              Attached Files

Comment

DSC_0083.jpghere is my newest pic
                My stable
                84 GSX1100EFG-10.62 @ 125 mph 64'' W/B.
                85 GS1150-9.72@146mph stock W/B.
                88 GSXR1100-dragbike 9.18@139.92mph/5.68@118mph.
                98 Bandit 1200-9.38@146mph/6.02@121mph.
                90 Suzuki GS 1425cc FBG Pro Stock chassis 5.42@124mph
                06 GSXR750 10.44@135mph
                00 Honda elite 80 pit bike

Comment

Originally posted by Macgyver View Post
                  Gentlemen, meet "Lucky".
                  I dig the stealth look! And the green illumination. BTW, that's totally illegal down here...
                  GS850GT

Comment

Welcome back. I like that fully fared bike and the green lights
                    \

cg
                    sigpic
                    83 GS1100g
                    2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by gordinho80 View Post
                      Details on that seat??? That looks SHARP! My 83 GS1100G would love a seat like that!
                      It looks like the standard 82-83 1100E seat with an aftermarket cover on it.

Originally posted by psyguy View Post
                      BTW, that's totally illegal down here...
                      Really? Whatever for?

Mark
                      1982 GS1100E
                      1998 ZX-6R
                      2005 KTM 450EXC

Comment

Originally posted by Macgyver View Post
                        Greets Guys!
                        It has been a loooong time since I have had the time to get back on the board here. (Originally Macguyver, now just Macgyver)
                        Glad to have ya' back Mac! The bike looks good!

I dig the stealth look! And the green illumination. BTW, that's totally illegal down here...
                        Here too... anything other than white (forward facing), red (rear facing), or amber (indicators) is illegal... oh you can have amber running lights as long as they don't flash I think...
                        1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                        1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Originally posted by mmattockx View Post

Really? Whatever for?
                          Reasoning being that non OEM lights (or comparable replacements) on a vehicle may confuse other road users...

Technically, you can install extra lighting like that but it requires Certification by the Govt's body ($$) - and you would still not be allowed to use it while on the road...
                          Last edited by psyguy; 08-27-2014, 06:44 AM.
                          GS850GT

Comment

In fact... if you came across a very pedantic vehicle inspector on the six-monthly road worthiness check-up... that painted front screen (being non-OEM) would also be illegal...
                            GS850GT

Comment

Heck! Those indicators would not pass either... they need to be visible from 30 degrees away on the opposite side...

GS850GT

Comment

Originally posted by pete View Post
                                Here too... anything other than white (forward facing), red (rear facing), or amber (indicators) is illegal... oh you can have amber running lights as long as they don't flash I think...
                                Ouch. While I am not a fan of the under vehicle illumination or many of the other lighting things I see they certainly aren't harming anyone and don't need the nanny state to step in and squash them.

Reasoning being that non OEM lights (or comparable replacements) on a vehicle may confuse other road users...
                                It's nice of the nanny state to worry about everyone like that, especially those who are easily confused.

In fact... if you came across a very pedantic vehicle inspector on the six-monthly road worthiness check-up... that painted front screen (being non-OEM) would also be illegal...
                                Your vehicles get inspected every 6 months?!??

Heck! Those indicators would not pass either... they need to be visible from 30 degrees away on the opposite side...

Wow. I guess I can cross New Zealand and Australia off my list of potential places to live, that is absolutely crazy. And here I thought Canada had too many oppressive regulations...

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.

Mark
                                1982 GS1100E
                                1998 ZX-6R
                                2005 KTM 450EXC

Comment

Working...
                                X