• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lucky7 View Post
    My 82 1100 Katana
    Welcome L7!! VJMoto on FB

Comment

Originally posted by Big Rich View Post
      Yeah Crow, spill the beans! I remember you asked me about my rear wheel, but I'm curious as to what exactly you're up to.....
      Haha, well its 450S with a 94? gsxr750 front end and a FZR400/Bandit400/GS500 rear end. I followed your ingenious bandit400/gs500 wheel and brake conversion and I am attempting to modify an FZR400 swing arm. I chose the fzr swing arm because it was 1.aluminum and only 0.5" wider at the pivot width.
      2.just slightly longer (maybe 1.5-2" longer) allowing chain adjustment while keeping roughly the same wheel base. It looks horribly stretched in the photo because its not sitting "in" the frame and is pushed back several inches.
      3.the "arms" line up nicely with the rear shocks (at least by eye so far) and a 150 tire fits quite nicely. Any bigger than 150 and I believe the chain will scrub.

Originally posted by pete View Post
      That's some serious rubber for a 450! Got a build/project thread somewhere?
      No sorry. I've thought about starting one here but progress is so slow and the only major modification so far worth mentioning is Big Rich's rear wheel/brake conversion which he has already gone over extensively. However, I am taking pictures so maybe if I ever make some timely progress I'll start one.

Comment

Well sir, my hat is off to you. Looks like it's coming along rather well. Good info about the FZR swingarm too! Be sure to document that part and post it too - there has been a little talk here and there about different swingers for the 450, but nothing documented very well (IIRC).

Comment

Well I guess my 1100 might qualify now...
          I bought the bike pretty close to stock..this is what I have done so far...

Superbike bars
          SS braided lines
          Lockhart oil cooler
          Powder coated rims
          V&H 4-1
          dyno stage 1 jet kit
          Marzocchi rear shocks
          Sonic fork springs
          Perilli Sport Demons

No signature

Comment

Niceeeee......you know what it needs though, a MotoGP works exhaust and some Mikuni 36 smoothbores
            Rob
            1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
            Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Originally posted by azr View Post
              Niceeeee......you know what it needs though, a MotoGP works exhaust and some Mikuni 36 smoothbores

Lol...I'm going to kill you!!! Give me the $500 will ya?
              No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                Lol...I'm going to kill you!!! Give me the $500 will ya?

$500?? You need a $1000, ha,ha,ha
                Rob
                1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Originally posted by azr View Post
                  $500?? You need a $1000, ha,ha,ha
                  Maybe I should sell the dirt bike?
                  No signature

Comment

Here is my 77gs 550 brafe
                    Attached Files

Comment

Well I guess my 1100 might qualify now...
                      I bought the bike pretty close to stock..this is what I have done so far...
                      Beautiful. What size are the tires?
                      Last edited by glib; 09-01-2014, 02:58 PM. Reason: correction
                      sigpic
                      1983 GS1100ES (Bought July 2014)
                      1983 GS1100E (Bought July 2014)
                      1985 GS700ES (Bought June 2015) Sold
                      On Christ the Solid Rock I Stand
                      All Other Ground is Sinking Sand

Comment

Comment

It looks clean but did you fix those lean cylinders yet?
                          Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                            It looks clean but did you fix those lean cylinders yet?
                            Are talking to me cowboy? That was fixed last summer with proper jetting. And for good measure added the cooler. 😃
                            No signature

Comment

next day of i'm planning on checking out the carbs to verify if it has been re-jetted for the pods and 4-1 exhaust. also went ahead and ordered o-rings to install just in case while I'm at it.

Comment

1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Working...
                                X